PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

Rob Menapace
04-23-2009, 02:46 AM
I work freelance in the film industry, do music on the side, mostly focusing on lessons right now, but also have a restaurant gig with a few really good musicians. Work is slow right now so I have lots of time to waste on bass forums ect....and also to practice! I have an interest in bass making, learning set up and repair, have made a bridge from scratch, a few other things as well. I've learned a lot from reading posts here, seems like more quality here than quantity (talkbass).

A+ on grits, but haven't had semla yet.

-Rob

Joel Larsson
04-23-2009, 04:56 AM
Wow Rob, now that I can't ask you about any semla experiences, I don't know what to ask you! You brought this on yourself!! :mad:
I wish you a warm welcome, though. :)

Oren Hudson
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
A+ on grits, but haven't had semla yet.-Rob

Rob, I love you man. Finally, someone who can talk intelligently about one of the great foods.

If you want to continue the quality stuff around here, then stay away from the Down Here NZ thread. There are some crazy, mindless dudes on that thread. For example, with the exception of myself, none of them have ever had grits. Imagine that! Countless other examples too. Just take a look at the main characters - There's Anselm, the quiet and to the point Germany dweller. Richard - the not so quiet and not quite to the point New Zealand dweller, and one of the worst offenders. Joel - the newest and youngest member of this group. He sometimes subs for Alvin with the Alvin and Chipmunks touring group. Great voice. When not on tour, he hangs around in Norway. He offers the younger mindless mind. Then, I fall in there as the elder mindless proprietor that loves grits. Quite an assemblage wouldn't you agree? :D

Anyway - - - Welcome aboard.

Rob Menapace
04-23-2009, 09:46 PM
thanks for the warm welcome, now back to grits talk. Joel, are there any greasy spoon joints up there in Norway? Here in the US we might not be the best at foreign or domestic policy, but we do take care of business when it comes to breakfast foods.

Richard Prowse
04-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Why no welcome from Richard?
Hi Rob, and welcome. I see Oren and you are already into the grits. Ah well, everyone to their own. We do a nice bluff oyster Down here (NZ).

Joel Larsson
04-24-2009, 02:06 AM
Rob, I am afraid that they never taught us in school what a greasy spoon joint is! It sounds like a stick of some illicit substance, rolled in fat, maybe for preservation? Not really into that weed stuff.

There is one thing they do very well in Norway (everything else is made better in Sweden) and that is waffles with their trademark brown cheese and straw- or raspberry jam. Totally sinister. :D