PDA

View Full Version : question about flat-tops

jari ratilainen
05-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Hello mr Smith and greetings from Finland !
I have a 7-string that needs new pick-ups and i really like to use two of yours, only problem is the width of the strings. i was thinking about flat-tops as some of them are made in way that the width is not important. is that a case with Ken Smith pick-ups as well ? why i'm asking, is that your 6-string pick-ups fits perfectly, but if there are those magnets separately under every string, then no way. if instead the construction is different and the pick-up works all the way, that would really save my day. your 7-string pick-ups are really too large to fit my bass, so i have to find some other solution. thanks already and all the best !!
Jari Ratilainen

Ken Smith
05-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Hello mr Smith and greetings from Finland !
I have a 7-string that needs new pick-ups and i really like to use two of yours, only problem is the width of the strings. i was thinking about flat-tops as some of them are made in way that the width is not important. is that a case with Ken Smith pick-ups as well ? why i'm asking, is that your 6-string pick-ups fits perfectly, but if there are those magnets separately under every string, then no way. if instead the construction is different and the pick-up works all the way, that would really save my day. your 7-string pick-ups are really too large to fit my bass, so i have to find some other solution. thanks already and all the best !!
Jari Ratilainen

The Flats do not have individual string magnets, just bars across underneath. That's why we made them, so the spacing doesn't matter.

jari ratilainen
05-21-2009, 09:27 AM
great ! it's nice you have time to answer even that kind of stupid questions, so now i'm definitely ordering the hole packet and hopefully get my bass working as it should be. thanks again and all the best !!
Jari

Ken Smith
05-21-2009, 12:36 PM
great ! it's nice you have time to answer even that kind of stupid questions, so now i'm definitely ordering the hole packet and hopefully get my bass working as it should be. thanks again and all the best !!
Jari

Within the 24 hours in each day, sleeping is the thing that gets in the way of my productivity. :mad:

Bob Faulkner
05-21-2009, 01:25 PM
I want that 1/3 of my life back!

Tim Bishop
05-21-2009, 01:54 PM
At this point in my life, I'd just like to get some restful sleep. :p

Michael Wilson
05-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Sorry guys no sleep for you. When you sleep some young buck comes along with a totally mint Top of the line Smith bass and is looking to take your gig. Get out the pot of Joe and keep thumpin, he or she is on your heels.

Tim Bishop
06-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Not a concern at this point in my life...:rolleyes: