PDA

View Full Version : Don't know what to do...

Jason Mendelson
06-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I have a Double Bass that I have had now since 1997. Its beautiful, I love it. Though I have not done much playing on it at all since 2002... I feel bad that it just sits in the corner. Unfortunately I havent been playing much bass at all lately let alone gigs that would be worthy of taking my upright out to play...

It just kills me the thought of selling it, but I have been contemplating it lately...

Should I put it on Consignment in a shop somewhere in Los Angeles?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/PerformanceNISMO/slapinfunkdb/P1040472.jpg

Joel Larsson
06-03-2009, 03:43 PM
If you sell, sooner or later, it'll come a time when you regret doing so. :eek:
No aspiring bass players among your relatives? Or poor but talented high school kid whom you could lend it to, to see what it's like being without it without really getting rid of it?

Tim Bishop
06-03-2009, 04:18 PM
If you sell, sooner or later, it'll come a time when you regret doing so. :eek:
No aspiring bass players among your relatives? Or poor but talented high school kid whom you could lend it to, to see what it's like being without it without really getting rid of it?
Yep. That's good advice. ;)

Richard Prowse
06-05-2009, 05:00 PM
I'm with Tim and E. Joel on this one - keep it. I sometimes look back on instruments I've sold and never feel happy when I do this - I certainly couldn't talk about these decisions on the Happy Days thread! Look on the bass as an investment for the future. Maybe in about ten years from now your time to make friends with the big fiddle might arrive. Leave the bass in a corner for now and keep the dust off it.