PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy McCoy's CD

Calvin Marks
06-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Hi all, have any of you listened to Jermemy McCoy's duo's CD? Unbelievable sound!! After I played it for my teacher he immediately called Jeremy to ask him what kind of strings he was using on it! LOL.

(Flexocore '92 if anyone was interested)

Abe Gumroyan
06-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Correction: Jeremy uses original flatchromes on his Busan ... Ive gotten to play that bass a couple of times during lessons .... sounds MASSIVE

Calvin Marks
06-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Correction: Jeremy uses original flatchromes on his Busan ... Ive gotten to play that bass a couple of times during lessons .... sounds MASSIVE

Correction: He used Flexocore 92's on his solo album...He told me and my teacher this in person. He used to use Olivs but switched to Original Flat-Chromes a year ago.

Ken Smith
06-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Correction: He used Flexocore 92's on his solo album...He told me and my teacher this in person. He used to use Olivs but switched to Original Flat-Chromes a year ago.

Correction, correction, correction. When YOU buy that EXACT same Bass from him, you will know more about how which strings sounds like what, maybe. But you need HIS Bow and hands and brain as well to sound exactly like it as well.. Temperature and humidity of that day in that place plays a part in how the bass sounded as well.

As far as any of this being helpful in choosing a string for another bass, yours or someone else's, it is of little help.

What shoes was he wearing that day? Maybe what he ate for breakfast or dinner the night before helped him to play as he did on that recording. Maybe the mixing engineer would have been able to make it sound exactly the same with OFCs on his Bass as well. Maybe the speakers you listened to it with have something to do with it as well.

lol.. for real..

Abe Gumroyan
06-02-2009, 11:08 PM
i stand corrected lol