PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Italy!

Pino Cazzaniga
06-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi to everyone
I'm Pino Cazzaniga, live in Bernareggio, a little town near Milano, I'm 51.
My work is to make and restore DB and cellos.
I studied at the Civica Scuola di Liuteria of Milano and graduated in 1986, when a friend asked me to make his double bass, my first one.
From then to now I mostly repaired, restored and set up DBs, and few cellos.
I made some instruments too, more or less one per year, only when somebody ask me for, usually a copy or something particular, like a 6 strings violone or a lirone for baroque music. So I don't use my own models.
I work for any kind of musician, amateur or professional or student, I hope with the same passion.
The reason for joining this community instead of just visiting is to ask for informations about an instrument, as I repaired it but didn't see anything similar, and I'm looking for ideas.
I'll post something about it in the luthier's corner.
You will forgive me for this, I hope, and for my italian english too.
Anyway greetings, and fun!

Pino (my real name is Giuseppe, Pino is like Bob for Robert...)

Al Smith
06-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Hello Pino, & welcome!...You are ahead of me with your posts...so I'll welcome you and say a little about myself. I play mostly community orchestra bass near Seattle, WA...USA and am lucky to have an old bass from Europe...maybe you'll have an opinion about it. Look at "French Bass School"...."French.... or not?"...posted by Jake....

I will check out your post in the Luthier's corner....your English is much better than my Italian.....my visit to Italy in 1998 was fabulous!

-ciao

Joel Larsson
06-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Pino, your English is by far the best I have heard from an Italian! Both of you guys, warmly welcome. Perhaps you have also noticed that there are talk about other stuff than basses, too. Grits, for instance. You'll see. :rolleyes:

Richard Prowse
06-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Pino, your English is by far the best I have heard from an Italian! Both of you guys, warmly welcome. Perhaps you have also noticed that there are talk about other stuff than basses, too. Grits, for instance. You'll see. :rolleyes:
A warm welcome to both of you. I apologise for my friend, E. Joel, who found it necessary to use the 'G' word - I thought we'd get a break from those things while Oren is away. Oren is from North Carolina, where people will eat just about anything.
Pino, I speak a little Italian, but I never get a chance to practise Down here (NZ) - so I'm starting to forget most of it.
Come ti butta, il mio nuona amico?
Io amo il mio contrabbasso.
Al, it sounds like you might be older than me, which is pretty rare around here.
I look forward to hearing from you both.
Ciao.

Richard Prowse
06-22-2009, 04:52 AM
This thread is not a fast mover.

Ken Smith
06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
This thread is not a fast mover.

Neither are the Italians.. They take their time.. Wine, relaxation, .. etc..;)

joelalvesjr
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Welcome, Pino!

Pino Cazzaniga
06-22-2009, 09:03 PM
...and cigarettes, of course! :eek:

Richard, I don't have that much to talk about me to move the thread, but I just came home and now, in the middle of the night, I realize that

It's my Birthday!

I'm 51, and still alive!
As for me the grit stuff is a riddle (sand? can we eat it? I will find the recipe) I challege you with another riddle:
Who is that animal who lives under the ground and eat little stones ?
(the right answer is in italian, but you may use english, if you like...)

Tim Bishop
06-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Happy B-Day Pino!