PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow bass players

Gerry Sivers
06-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Hello everyone, nice place you have here. I'm originally from Barbados but grew up here in New Jersey. I've been playing bass as a passionate hobby for about 8 years now. I'm strictly a groove player and a fan of any style of music with a good bassline. I like my jazz latin and my coffe espresso.
I just won a 1997 BSRMW5 form Ebay for $1900 and it should be here by Friday! I'm often in PA. and would love to bring the bass in to Ken for some TLC and S/P switches. I only have Warwick basses now but I'm so gassed to be getting a Smith! I wanted to hold out for a neck through but from what I've seen here as a guest, I got a good price, I hope! I'll post pics when it gets here. Thanks, Gerry.

Tim Bishop
06-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Congrats, Gerry. Enjoy! :)

Joel Larsson
06-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Welcome, Gerry!!

Oren Hudson
06-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Good to have you on board Gerry. I rarely see your first name spelled the way that you do and am reminded of one of those groovy 60s British invasion bands, Gerry and the Pacemakers.

I must now warn you about the trouble-makers on here. First in line, Richard. Then there's Richard and Richard and Oren. And the list goes on. Beware the Ides of March, or maybe that's the 4th of July!

Last, and of course not least. Please tell me that you know grits.

Glad to hear that you like various types of music. Variety IS the spice of life. Just ask one of my girlfriends. :)

Gerry Sivers
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the welcome people. Thanks for the heads up Oren, lol. The brand of humor here is a bit sophisticated for me but I'm sure I'll catch on!
Grits....mmmm

Richard Prowse
06-29-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the welcome people. Thanks for the heads up Oren, lol. The brand of humor here is a bit sophisticated for me but I'm sure I'll catch on!
Grits....mmmm
Gerry, welcome.
Oren's humour is to sophistication what grits are to fine restaurant food. Oren's humour is like using a bulldozer to pick up a snail.

Oren Hudson
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Oren's humour is to sophistication what grits are to fine restaurant food. Oren's humour is like using a bulldozer to pick up a snail.

Thank you my friend. I knew that some of what yo mama taught you would eventually make it's way to the surface.

Nice to see a post of mine show up. I did 2 on Sunday night. Neither one of them showed up???

Oren Hudson
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Grits....mmmm

Gerry, with that attitude, you'll have a 4th of July blast on here. :)

Richard Prowse
06-30-2009, 12:31 AM
I was born under a wandrin' star.
Val Doonican recorded that song too.

joelalvesjr
07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
Welcome, Gerry.