PDA

View Full Version : careless

Kirk P Brosius
07-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Hello all,

AAARRRGH!!!!!!!!

I beat up my bass!

We were playing at the weekly Farmer's Market when the rain began. Fortunately, there was an alcove into which we could retreat and remain dry. I slung my BSR5MW around to my back (I love Straplocks) and bent to pull my monitor back and the KS slipped around front and hit the concrete on the backside of the headstock. Yikes!!!! I guess that there are always risks of damage involved with gear but ........

The result of my haste is now I have a flattened area about 5mm x 3mm right on the end of the headstock.

What do you think? Should I leave it and just chalk it up as a lesson hard learned or get out the Dremel tool and make it symetric and call it a "Custom Feature"?

The playability isn't compromised and I'm very impressed with the hardness of maple!!

Am I being just a bit **** about the whole thing?

Bottom line; be carefu with your gear.

Later, Kirk

Tim Bishop
07-04-2009, 08:51 PM
What do you think? Should I leave it and just chalk it up as a lesson hard learned or get out the Dremel tool and make it symetric and call it a "Custom Feature"?

I would leave it and chalk it up. Smith necks are VERY stable and I'm not surprised of what sounds like a minor ding compared to what could have been. :eek::)

Tim Bishop
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Bottom line; be carefu with your gear.

Later, Kirk

Yes, be careful with your gear. Nothing wrong about being "****" with your gear. ;)

Kirk P Brosius
07-05-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks Tim,

I guess that "detail oriented" is a somewhat kinder phrase than ****!

Kirk