PDA

View Full Version : Shalom from Israel

Maurice Hason
09-01-2009, 02:19 AM
Hello everyone, I am from Israel.
I've been playing bass almost 28 years (on and off).
Played for the last 10 years exclusively on F-Basses and the time has come for something new.

These days I am in contact with Mr. Smith to purchase a new bass, can't wait to hold it in my hands :D

I am looking into the BSR6TN

Great to be here,
Maurice

Tim Bishop
09-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello everyone, I am from Israel.
I've been playing bass almost 28 years (on and off).
Played for the last 10 years exclusively on F-Basses and the time has come for something new.

These days I am in contact with Mr. Smith to purchase a new bass, can't wait to hold it in my hands :D

I am looking into the BSR6TN

Great to be here,
Maurice
Hi Maurice, the BSR6TN is a great bass. You're gonna love it.

Maurice Hason
09-01-2009, 12:35 PM
Hi Maurice, the BSR6TN is a great bass. You're gonna love it.

I am sure I will, but the one that was in stock is sold :(
Ken offered me the GN in stock. To be honest I am getting a bit confused with the models.

Anyway, I hope to get the funds in my account in 1-2 days and I will place my order... cant wait ;)

Ken Smith
09-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Ken offered me the GN in stock. To be honest I am getting a bit confused with the models.

Anyway, I hope to get the funds in my account in 1-2 days and I will place my order... cant wait ;)

The best way to get un-confused is to open each model page and copy the specs of each model in order and compare the written words. In the case of the TN or GN if the GN is in walnut with tiger core, the difference is slight if at all.

The exact same parts, hardware, woods and electronics are on both basses. The price is only $150 more for the TN.

Why? Because the Walnut top is picked to have a 3a figure. The Tops that look like thay might not make 3a are dropped down to the GN models.

The 2a tops are used on the MS and MW models. After finishing, many (I mean MANY) of the GNs look as good as the TNs but only after the finish.

To ensure a 3a Black Tiger quality fiqure for the Top, I must be 100% certian the wood is 3a figure in the raw before finishing or even making the bass. For that you pay $150. more.

The older GNs did not have series/parallel switches either but for the last few years, they do so no difference there.

The only other difference that is definetely noticable between the two models GN and TN are the headstock cappings. To make sure we know the exact model, the TNs have an Ebony laminate on the head matching the fingerboard while the GN has a matching Walnut head. This is the actual ONLY way we can tell here what model we made until I put the serial number in the bass lettering it with TN or GN.

So, below the head, they look almost the same and in many cases, there is no difference.

Tim Bishop
09-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Anyway, I hope to get the funds in my account in 1-2 days and I will place my order... cant wait ;)What Ken is telling you is great information. I have played and have both models. If you are looking for quality, great feel and sound in a neck-thru, either the GN or TN models will give you that. Either way you go; you're not going to be disappointed.

If you are looking for all the above (i.e. quality, feel , sound, etc.) and want the 5A woods (Exhibition Grade: Highest figure quality), then check out the TNE models. I also play and own one of these. Probably the most beautiful 5A figure I have ever seen; EVER.

Maurice Hason
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks so much to both of you, it is now very clear to know the difference between the 2 models!

Ken Smith
09-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks so much to both of you, it is now very clear to know the difference between the 2 models!

The difference being so slight we here in the shop can only tell by looking at the headstock. Ebony face is TN and walnut face is GN. The woods of the GN so often make the full TN grade after finish but at that point it's too late to call it a TN as the head laminated is done.. Advantage - buyer..;)