PDA

View Full Version : Tip replacement

Paul Dwyer
10-30-2009, 10:56 PM
The tip of my Bazin was slightly chipped when I bought it and is now starting to look pretty fragile. I may have snagged it on my quiver so it needs to be replaced.
Is there a preference as to the type of synthetic bone or plastic used? What's the norm? I'm assuming the original tip is made of bone or ivory.
Thanks

Ken Smith
10-30-2009, 11:11 PM
The tip of my Bazin was slightly chipped when I bought it and is now starting to look pretty fragile. I may have snagged it on my quiver so it needs to be replaced.
Is there a preference as to the type of synthetic bone or plastic used? What's the norm? I'm assuming the original tip is made of bone or ivory.
Thanks

Bone or Ivory whatever they are calling it. I have an Ouchard Shop/School bow that has a worn and slightly chipped bone plate as well. It was just re-haired and then during the cleanup it was discovered that the Tip could have been replaced. Next re-hair if I don't sell it first I will have the Tip re-done.

Find the best qualified Bow Maker for this Job. A classic Bazin like yours deserves it and demands it.

Ken McKay
10-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Paul I just listened to a couple of tunes on your Myspace site, Vells and Natural Selection. I really enjoyed them, compliments to the composer, band and recording engineers.

Paul Dwyer
11-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Thanks Ken Smith for the advice as always!
And Thank-you Ken McKay for your compliments. Those two tracks are (attempted) abstractions on the tunes by Richie Beirach. I really should put that info. up there.
Cheers,
Paul