PDA

View Full Version : QC News..

Ken Smith
12-18-2009, 12:05 PM
My Distributor in Japan (Hajime/Sleek Elite) has been telling me about this new machine that he is dealing with called PLEK (http://www.plek.com/). It's a computer controlled machine that measures the accuracy of Fretting and Fret leveling and corrects it in repair. If a Fret is misplaced in the making of the fretboard, then it can't be corrected I believe.

Hajime sent me these two message via Email that I would like to share with all of you..
By the way, PLEK. PLEK is amazing and revolution for musical
instruments. I checked my Smith via PLEK. PLEK shows how your bass
is great. Mass of accuracy. I cannot believe my bass is by human's
hands. I checked other basses, and found there are wrong frets
position, but yours are too perfect. Hajime .. and then this came a few minutes later..
Dear Ken,
Please let your staffs, they have perfect skills for fretting. HajimeHajime is a member here as well as on TalkBass but rarely posts. He is usually too busy with work, basses! He is just about the best Distributor of bass products in all of Asia. He only deals with quality and is the toughest judge one can fine in quality control. He keeps us up on out toes making sure we only make basses as best as humanly possible.

Bob Faulkner
12-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Makes me very happy to know the lines on my fretless Smith are perfectly placed!

Jason Mendelson
12-19-2009, 03:44 AM
I didnt expect to hear anything less than perfect results...

But once again... Very nice :D