PDA

View Full Version : Info, please

Steve Alcott
01-03-2010, 10:18 PM
I have a German bow marked: *Lothar Seifert* . Anybody know anything about this maker?

Ken Smith
01-04-2010, 02:37 AM
I have a German bow marked: *Lothar Seifert* . Anybody know anything about this maker?

Is he an actual maker of the bow, owner of the shop that makes them or just a brand name? This I do not know for sure but I have known of various Seifert Bows for many years. They were in my opinion student grade shop bows. I think it was my first bow as well. This was in 1966 I think. Low end bows now come from China mainly regardless of the name stamped on the bow. Most bows costing under $1,000 I would suspect as being Chinese. German made shop bows actually made in Germany, Frog, Stick, Screw and all should run closer from $2,000 or more. Hand made bows made anywhere by individual makers, totally hand made start at around double that last figure. Any name can be put on a bow.

I have bows made of good quality that sell for under $500. I was able to put what ever name I wanted to when they were made. Just mentioning this as an example.

I know for a fact that some German companies buy some of there lower end products from China because they can't make them for a fraction of the price China can.

Steve Alcott
01-05-2010, 12:00 AM
http://seifert-bogen.de/html/bows.html

Looks like I have the 240. Thanks, Ken

Steve Alcott
09-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Latest info-" *Lothar Seifert* " is made by Lothar; "W.Seifert" is the shop bow.