PDA

View Full Version : what the heck? what happened here? ebay!

ramon ramos
01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
hi ken if you read this check out the bsrb6 listed on ebay i was just looking around the smith listings and if found this very poor mock up of one of your bolt one basses.i can tell its original but come on people look at the bridge upgrade and the pickups is it me or do i need glasses cause it don't look right.its all of center and to me basicly worthless as trying to pass it for a smith.the bridge is to the right pic up's not lined up.and the neckthrough paint job its just not the same thing.so here is just a quick note never attempt to copy ken's work.buyers beware.out

Ken Smith
01-31-2010, 08:34 PM
hi ken if you read this check out the bsrb6 listed on ebay i was just looking around the smith listings and if found this very poor mock up of one of your bolt one basses.i can tell its original but come on people look at the bridge upgrade and the pickups is it me or do i need glasses cause it don't look right.its all of center and to me basicly worthless as trying to pass it for a smith.the bridge is to the right pic up's not lined up.and the neckthrough paint job its just not the same thing.so here is just a quick note never attempt to copy ken's work.buyers beware.out

Looks like The Burner Deluxe, not the Burner BSR aka BSR B. The ad title on Ebay is correct. What exactly is your concern?
http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrb/bsrb.html

The Burners were made up until about 1998 and then we used the BSR shape, same bass, new body.

Tim Bishop
01-31-2010, 09:42 PM
Ken,

Not sure you saw the same bass Ramon was referencing.

I think Ramon was referrning to the 'butcher job' (i.e. bridge and refinish; who knows what else) that the following bass apparently had to endure. I recall seeing this bass on eBay a few years ago and thinking the same thing. Here's the current eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEN-SMITH-BSRB6_W0QQitemZ330400387409QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuit ar?hash=item4ced65d151

Ken Smith
01-31-2010, 10:15 PM
Ken,

Not sure you saw the same bass Ramon was referencing.

I think Ramon was referrning to the 'butcher job' (i.e. bridge and refinish; who knows what else) that the following bass apparently had to endure. I recall seeing this bass on eBay a few years ago and thinking the same thing. Here's the current eBay link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEN-SMITH-BSRB6_W0QQitemZ330400387409QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuit ar?hash=item4ced65d151

Again, yes... Someone did something to that bass and it's no less than the 3rd time someone is trying to sell it.

ramon ramos
02-02-2010, 09:54 PM
thanks for reply's fellas.i didn't know that this bass a (burner 6) has been posted 3 times for sale.it's terrible work stood out to me.owner should have left it alone your right tim what a butcher job i personaly like the body and fat headstock.it is well balanced im actually going to start looking around for a six string in this same model.this said,this question is for you Ken. is this bsrb design the same as your BT model.i mean did you use the same templates?.if not what are the diffrence's form each other.looks like the neck's width is narrower from the wider BT neck?.electronics same?.

Ken Smith
02-02-2010, 11:07 PM
Thanks for reply's fellas. I didn't know that this bass (a burner 6) had been posted 3 times for sale. It's terrible work stood out to me. Owner should have left it alone. You're right Tim, what a butcher Job. I personally like the body and fat headstock. It is well balanced. I'm actually going to start looking around for a six string in this same model. That said, this question is for you Ken. Is this BSR B design the same as your BT model? I mean did you use the same templates? If not, what are the differences form each other? Looks like the neck's width is narrower from the wider BT neck?. Electronics same?.

Grammar... Sentences.. Spaces.. Caps.. Periods.. Please...lol..:eek:

Ok, much better.. Not a hundred percent but I can read it now..;)

Ok, the BSR B is the BSR Burner. The Burner is the BT Burner without the BT code in the name. BSR = BSR shape. Burner = BT Shape.

The Burners and BSR B's (Burners) ALL had 16mm Bridge spacings on the 5 and 6-string models. The SMITH Basses we make and have made in USA, BT, BSR, BMT, all of them have our standard 18mm spacing at the Bridge for the 5 and 6-string models.

Electronics were Bass and Treble, 2-band. It was 2 of the 3 bands we put in the USA Basses but from 1993 to about 1997 we still made USA Basses with the same 2 band of the 3 with the Mid listed as an option. Only the BMT came standard with 3-band in 1992/3 when the circuits came out. Burners from 1989 -1992/3 had Japan circuits of my specs. Burners from late 1992/early 1993 had USA BT (from the BMT) Circuits. All were 9v models.

Does this help?