PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Luxembourg

Anton Hasias
02-16-2010, 05:56 AM
I would like to say hello to Mr. Smith, to Smith's team and to all forum members and please receive all the greetings from Luxembourg.
I am now a long time active in show business management and together with an economics degree I have 30 years of electric bass playing (15 years of professional tour and studio playing).
Of course in all this period I had a lot of basses and I still have a nice little bunch of very special high end basses from Alembic, Fender, Fodera, Rickembacker, Sukop, Tobias, Warwick and of course my most loved four Smiths (25th, 20th, BSR EG, BSR EG Fretless) all in 6 string configuration - the fifth Smith 25th is on the way.
Why am I here, it's simple; I can learn a lot about all Smith basses, I can share information and experience with a world wide community and the most important I am happy not to be the only crazy guy on this planet who has only one hobby - THE BASS.
Thank you Mr.Smith and Smith's team for crafting one of the greatest basses and hope to be able to add my little polished stone to this forum.

Best regards

frederic vidal
02-16-2010, 07:42 AM
Welcome here Anton !

Oren Hudson
02-16-2010, 07:55 AM
Welcome to the show. :)

Perry Barnett
02-16-2010, 10:35 AM
I can honestly say welcome to a fine gentleman:)

Tim Bishop
02-16-2010, 11:12 AM
Hi Anton! Good to see you've made it official! And yes, Anton is a fine gentleman.

Ken Smith
02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I would like to say hello to Mr. Smith, to Smith's team and to all forum members and please receive all the greetings from Luxembourg.
I am now a long time active in show business management and together with an economics degree I have 30 years of electric bass playing (15 years of professional tour and studio playing).
Of course in all this period I had a lot of basses and I still have a nice little bunch of very special high end basses from Alembic, Fender, Fodera, Rickembacker, Sukop, Tobias, Warwick and of course my most loved four Smiths (25th, 20th, BSR EG, BSR EG Fretless) all in 6 string configuration - the fifth Smith 25th is on the way.
Why am I here, it's simple; I can learn a lot about all Smith basses, I can share information and experience with a world wide community and the most important I am happy not to be the only crazy guy on this planet who has only one hobby - THE BASS.
Thank you Mr.Smith and Smith's team for crafting one of the greatest basses and hope to be able to add my little polished stone to this forum.

Best regards

I just picked out the wood for your next bass which is in progress, the figured walnut.. stunning..

Thanks for all the compliments.

Anton Hasias
02-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Thank you all, I am much obliged by your kindness.
Yes, it feels like home.

Best regards

Anselm Hauke
03-18-2010, 08:30 AM
hi anton,

i had some shows in the luxembourg philharmonic last week.
great building, nice people, nice town (at least, what i could see - playing 6 shows in two days...)

greetings from germany
anselm

Anton Hasias
03-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Anselm,

Nice to hear you are in classical music. In Luxembourg there are two sister venues. One for classical music ( La Philarmonie) and one for amplified music like pop, rock etc, (Rockhal - 6500people), both being part of the Ministry of Culture.
It happens that I am the financial and administrative manager of the Rockhal, and also a huge fan of classical music.
So, please next time you will play Luxembourg, let me know. Not only I would really like to watch you playing but it will be a pleasure to meet you for a dinner.

Best regards

Anselm Hauke
03-20-2010, 10:17 AM
hi anton

thank you for your reply. next time i visit luxembourg i will get in touch with you.
last time i played with my orchestra in the philharmonie, but maybe i can play next time at your rockhal with my popband... :rolleyes: