PDA

View Full Version : Any Good "Wireless" Systems Out There?

Ronson Hall
03-15-2010, 07:08 PM
My Fellow Smithites,

In my capacity as Senior Pastor/Musical Director of our church, I've found that moving around and moving out occasionally away from the Praise Team and the band is necessary to keep things balanced, and to give the Praise Team instruction and direction. I find that my 35 ft. George L cable sometimes restricts where I need to be positioned during a Sunday service.

I've never really seriously considered a wireless system, always having been aware of the loss of some tone (I wanted my Ken Smith so that I could have access to excellent tone, so I don't want to mess around with that for any reason! :o) when they are used, and the "extra noise" they can sometimes create.

Question: Are there any wireless systems out there that perform well and don't sabotage your tone in the process? Let me know your experiences! :)

Tim Bishop
03-15-2010, 07:22 PM
I've tried a few upon recommendations and was not impressed. For me, nothing compares to being hard-wired to your gear.

If I had a need to run wireless, the Line 6 X2 is a top choice for many. I have not used it so I can't provide any feedback. BUT, based on the reviews I've seen and feedback from those I know that use it, this would be a wireless unit worth checking out if you have to go wireless.

Good luck!

Ronson Hall
03-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I've tried a few upon recommendations and was not impressed. For me, nothing compares to being hard-wired to your gear.

If I had a need to run wireless, the Line 6 X2 is a top choice for many. I have not used it so I can't provide any feedback. BUT, based on the reviews I've seen and feedback from those I know that use it, this would be a wireless unit worth checking out if you have to go wireless.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info, Tim!

Tim Bishop
03-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the info, Tim!Sure, let us know what you end up doing. :)