PDA

View Full Version : restoration of my GA pfretschner

Charles A Thomas
04-29-2010, 08:45 PM
I had a restoration done on my bass recently and wanted to share some of the photos with everyone. There were some newspaper clips inside the bass from a German newspaper, can anyone tell me what they say. The work was done by Bob Ross in Denver Co., if you need repairs and live in or around that area, I highly recomend him

Ken Smith
04-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Did this bass have an integral bar originally?

Maybe it says;
"This bass is not what you think it is. Someone across the ocean will give it a label and make you believe such a person once lived." :o

The work looks good. How does it look from the front? And sinkage near the bottom of the bass bar remaining or in the soundpost/bridge area? Any idea what the graduations were before or are now?

A bass I had was about the same, same importer but a 4/4 model of its time and a Morelli label. Thick plates and an integral bar. Fantastic tight strong wood. After a Block Cut, plate re-graduations, a bass-bar and some crack repairs, etc., it sounded fantastic.

Charles A Thomas
04-30-2010, 08:06 PM
The two spots were pushed out and a breast plate was added, it did have an integeral bassbar, which was scraped out and some over thick area along bassbar was thined. not sure of actual numbers. Here are 2 more shots.