PDA

View Full Version : PW contest

Paul Warburton
03-01-2007, 08:58 PM
I put this over on that other DB site....see if you guys come up with it.

What's the name of the DB player who's hand appears playing his bass on the heading of the TB site?

Paul Warburton
03-02-2007, 12:19 AM
Sounds like you're all thrilled about this...........ok next week i'll finish the Brescia story and start the Bill Evans stuff. I guess you guys are all too deep for silly contests.

Ken Smith
03-02-2007, 02:37 AM
Sounds like you're all thrilled about this...........ok next week i'll finish the Brescia story and start the Bill Evans stuff. I guess you guys are all too deep for silly contests.

Paul, it's not much of a pic to guess from. I assume somehow, you know the answer but unless it's obvious, one will have to call Paul at TB to find out. My guess is that it could be a Female. Hand and fingers look a bit, soft..

Richard Prowse
03-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Is it Ken Smith?

Richard Prowse
03-03-2007, 03:14 AM
Well, did I win?

Richard Prowse
03-04-2007, 01:27 AM
When are results announced? Where do I pick up my prize?

David Powell
03-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Is it Ken Smith?I'm looking for the little face with the foot in it's mouth ......:eek:

Richard Prowse
03-07-2007, 04:05 PM
I'm looking for the little face with the foot in it's mouth ......:eek:
David, you can only use the little faces that Uncle Ken supplies.
I think I'm wrong about who the hands belong to.
Is it Paul Chambers?

Greg Clinkingbeard
03-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Richard,
If you really want to win, just go down the list of all bassists who have ever played pizz. There's got to be a master list somewhere. Submit one entry every hour until PW responds. I saw no ground rules prohibiting that tactic.:D

Daniel Yeabsley
03-07-2007, 07:56 PM
Is it Richard Prowse?

Richard Prowse
03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Is it Richard Prowse?
Do my hands look like they belong to a lady? (see Ken's post above)
Okay, I have been known to wear a skirt now and then...

Richard Prowse
03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Richard,
If you really want to win, just go down the list of all bassists who have ever played pizz. There's got to be a master list somewhere. Submit one entry every hour until PW responds. I saw no ground rules prohibiting that tactic.:D
Look Greg, I get into enough trouble on the 'down under' post. You do it.

Bob Branstetter
03-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Richard,
If you really want to win, just go down the list of all bassists who have ever played pizz. There's got to be a master list somewhere. Submit one entry every hour until PW responds. I saw no ground rules prohibiting that tactic.:DKnowing my friend PW, I wouldn't hold my breath til he responds. His idea of a quick response is about a week. ;)

[Seriously, Paul has been having some health issues lately. We all hope he recovers soon and re-joins in the fun.]

Greg Clinkingbeard
03-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm glad nobody took my advice. What a nightmare that would have been. :eek:
In the Big Picture this is really just a game. He does have me stumped on this though.
Paul, take care of yourself and check in when you can.

Richard Prowse
04-09-2007, 05:33 PM
good to see Greg behaving himself now.
Get well quickly Paul.

stan haskins
04-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Anyone heard from Paul?

Richard Prowse
05-25-2007, 04:18 PM
I think the result of this contest has become like those eternal mysteries in life... Who really shot JFK? Is the moon made of cheese? Do penguins fly when noone is looking?

Seriously though, I hope that all is well with Paul.

Richard Prowse
05-26-2007, 04:28 PM
He's back.
Will we now find out about the hands?

Paul Warburton
05-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Don Thomson

Greg Clinkingbeard
05-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Never would have guessed that one.:( Had you also included a pic of him playing the piano, I might have gotten it.

Great player.

Maybe you've just helped to expose some of us to him.;)

Paul Warburton
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Maybe you've just helped to expose some of us to him.;)

Everybody should be exposed to Don Thomson.

Bob Branstetter
06-06-2007, 11:25 PM
I had to back Don on a Topeka Jazz Workshop concert a few years ago while he played piano and then vibes. That was right after he played an amazing duo set with Ed Bickert. Talk about feeling out of place!

Paul Warburton
06-07-2007, 07:45 AM
I had to back Don on a Topeka Jazz Workshop concert a few years ago while he played piano and then vibes. That was right after he played an amazing duo set with Ed Bickert. Talk about feeling out of place!

He's one sick MFer!

Marcus Johnson
06-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Everybody should be exposed to Don Thomson.
I agree... maybe next time I'm in Toronto, I'll expose myself to him. :eek:

Greg Clinkingbeard
06-08-2007, 10:37 PM
I agree... maybe next time I'm in Toronto, I'll expose myself to him. :eek:

Is there anything you wouldn't do for a laugh?

Martin Sheridan
11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Don Thomson

I hate Don Thompson. Any guy who plays bass like that and says he really doesn't like playing bass just kills me. I'd die to play like Don Thompson. I'd ever go to Canada.

And of course I don't hate him. I've never met Don but anybody who plays bass like that can't be all bad. Just tell me he really likes bass. I guess he really considers himself a piano player?