PDA

View Full Version : G'day from Queensland

Bill Paulin
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Nice site you've got here, Ken. I'm here to learn more about basses, bass gear, and I hope to contribute now and then.

I've been in the places thay make sawdust for 35 years. In the last 5 years I've made 23 EUBs. 19 are out in the world. I made the first EUB on request and I've been playing bass since making the first EUB. I also play fiddle, viola, and guitar. People that aren't used to double bass and fiddle music think I'm ok. I like Old Time, Bluegrass, Western Swing, Honky Tonk, Rockabilly and Blues. If it's all in one tune, so much the better.

Last month I completed an acoustic double bass. Last week I finished a viola. Prior to building the EUBs I built an "A" style mandolin. They worked out well and I'm pretty happy with all of them. I only play the mandolin at the computer because we're on dialup. I'm well and truly hooked on acoustic building now.

I'm originally from L.A. and have lived in Oz since 1981.

Cheers, Bill

P.S. My instruments can be seen here: www.billpaulineubs.com (http://www.billpaulineubs.com) . The finished double bass and viola are still to be added to the website. There are build pictures of the bass.

Matthew Tucker
07-28-2010, 03:49 AM
Well, I'll say "Hi" to you, Bill ... still here in France putting on weight, back in Oz in a week.