PDA

View Full Version : Spriocore Weichs

Ken Smith
08-02-2010, 09:00 AM
I just picked up another bass for stock and it had Spirocore Weichs on it, red/purple silks. At first I assumed they would not bow well but to my surprise, they bow on this bass as good as any other bowing string on average. My Bohemian bass which I use for jazz has the same strings on it but an older set, these new ones about a year old. The Bohemian bows great with Flexocors but not quite as smooth with the Thomastic weichs.

With the Spiro weichs on it, I can use it for Orchestra as well as jazz with the same set. The jazz sound is superb but it bows as good as the bass is.

I may just have to keep this bass for myself and set it up for personal use. hard to resist a bass that bows with Spiros.

Jeremy Darrow
05-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Over the weekend I put a set of Spiro Weichs on my little French solo bass. The bass had been feeling a little tight, so I installed the Weich E and A, which I had around. There was an immediate improvement in the tone of the bass, so I ran out and picked up a new D and G (the E and A had been installed before, but were still new) and installed them right away. They're still a little rowdy, but the bass is very happy under lower tension. The response and tone pizz and with the bow are much friendlier than the Mittel/Permanent mix they replaced.