PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Texas

Bill Sallee
08-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I am a serious amateur player in the Dallas area. After playing electric almost exclusively for the last 39 years, I've started the switch to double bass. I swapped an old unplayable Kay for a playable Framus plywood bass about 4 months ago and played it for about an hour a day. A little less than three weeks ago, I stopped by Wayne Holme's shop while on vacation and bought a nice carved bass that makes all the good jazz noises. I have my first lesson with John Adams on Wednesday.

Tim Bishop
08-09-2010, 11:00 PM
I am a serious amateur player in the Dallas area. After playing electric almost exclusively for the last 39 years, I've started the switch to double bass. I swapped an old unplayable Kay for a playable Framus plywood bass about 4 months ago and played it for about an hour a day. A little less than three weeks ago, I stopped by Wayne Holme's shop while on vacation and bought a nice carved bass that makes all the good jazz noises. I have my first lesson with John Adams on Wednesday.
Hey Bill, nice to have a TX neighbor. John Adams is a good friend and a great player. Tell him I send a howdy his way. :)

Dave Martin
08-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Welcome - and congratulations on the new bass!