PDA

View Full Version : A celebration of family pets.

Terry McDougal
10-25-2010, 01:07 AM
I have a dog called Sausage.
He likes to lay and listen to me practise. When I play in the high register he likes to join in with a howl. I guess that's the old wolf instinct coming out. Sausage is a good companion who doesn't need a lot of long walks. Some days I just walk him to the letterbox and back. Sausage likes his food. He's happy to eat anything. He sleeps a lot.
What more could you ask for in a pet?
Have any of you guys got pets you love?
Maybe you could tell us about it here.

Bin Hire
10-25-2010, 01:56 AM
I don't actually have a pet. If I did I'd choose a Tuatara. The Tuatara looks like a lizard, but is not. It is a reptile. They grow to be very old, like double basses. That is why I like them.

Bill Sallee
10-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I have a dog called Sausage.
He likes to lay and listen to me practise. When I play in the high register he likes to join in with a howl. I guess that's the old wolf instinct coming out. Sausage is a good companion who doesn't need a lot of long walks. Some days I just walk him to the letterbox and back. Sausage likes his food. He's happy to eat anything. He sleeps a lot.
What more could you ask for in a pet?
Have any of you guys got pets you love?
Maybe you could tell us about it here.
I have two dogs. The younger German Shepherd mix comes and lays about three feet from me when I practice the DB. When I play the piano she lays with her back against the piano underneath the keyboard on the treble side.:cool:

Thomas Erickson
10-25-2010, 09:52 AM
So... this is a thread about sausage dogs? :confused:

I'm hungry. :D

Terry McDougal
10-25-2010, 09:28 PM
So... this is a thread about sausage dogs? :confused:
My dog is not a sausage dog. He's called Sausage because, when he is asleep and snoring, it sort of sounds like he's saying 'sausage'. Over the years the name has stuck. We originally called him Byron.

Thomas Erickson
10-27-2010, 07:26 AM
mmmm.... sausage.

Terry McDougal
10-27-2010, 04:55 PM
I thought you'd be more curious about why we called him Byron.
Now that's a real story!

Bin Hire
10-28-2010, 01:17 AM
I thought you'd be more curious about why we called him Byron.
Now that's a real story!
I'm interested.
Why did you call your dog Byron?

Terry McDougal
10-29-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm interested.
Why did you call your dog Byron?
Well, not many people probably know but, the middle name of the famous poet, Lord Byron, who wrote such famous poems as 'She Walks in Beauty' was Gordon. When I got Sausage (my dog, remember) I intended to call him Gordon but I discovered that my brother had a cat named Gordon.
I do like to be original.
Then I remembered George Gordon Byron. It was a toss up between George and Byron. The only fair way was to decide with the toss of a coin, heads for George and tails for Byron. Tails it was.

Ah Sausage, you
Walk in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies.

Bin Hire
11-01-2010, 11:50 PM
I liked that story Terry.
Sausage sounds like a special dog. Makes me wish I had a pet. When I was young we had a few chickens. The trouble with choosing a pet is that you don't want one you might finish up eating. I got quite attached to those chickens but my family and I ate them in the end. I think that's why I've never had a pet since.

Terry McDougal
11-02-2010, 10:23 PM
While I don't relish the thought of eating Sausage (the dog, not the thing you eat with chips), who knows what would go through my mind, say after some huge disaster, if I hadn't eaten for a month?

Thomas Erickson
11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
When I was in Korea I would get sausages that I wasn't sure what meat they were; tasted great with the local relish though. Seems like we've been here before.

Terry McDougal
11-03-2010, 10:47 PM
Well Thomas, it looks like you and I are the only two people around here with pets. Can your dogs do tricks? Sausage once found my prize bass bow and carried it through the house like a bone. Fortunately he didn't whack it against any doors! He was trimmer, and quite a bit faster, then. It took a bit of effort to catch up with him.

Bin Hire
11-08-2010, 12:58 AM
Well Thomas, it looks like you and I are the only two people around here with pets.
I've just bought a goldfish. I've decided to call him Falah, after my father.
I've bought a bowl for him to live in. He seems happy and looks at me quite frequently.
I feed him food from a packet.
When he looks at me I wonder if he thinks I am Allah?