PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Northwest (U.S.)

Derrick Fernandez
11-22-2010, 02:45 PM
Hello all, just wanted to check in and introduce myself.

Like many others I started playing the Double Bass in school, orchestra, jazz band, ect. After high school I switched to the electric mainly because a proper upright was financially unavailable for me. 20 years and many bands later i'm back on the Upright.

A few years ago i started my search for a decent quality bass locally and found a really nice solid wood German factory from the 30's, a nice bass for a decent price (I hope). Plays, sounds and looks great.

Cheers!

Thomas Erickson
11-23-2010, 06:10 AM
Hey neighbor - congrats on the new bass!

Derrick Fernandez
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to learn as much as I can about the instrument and improve as a player (lessons are in the works). Upright is certainly a different animal and it has taken me some time to feel comfortable once again, though every second I play is enjoyable.

Also the area I live in seems to have a serious lack of Bass Luthier's. One of the most respected gentleman in town hates working on basses and won't even consider looking at mine. Very frustrating, might have to take a trip to Seattle to have my new acquisition (19c 5/8 flatback) gone over.

A special thank you all the contributers to this forum. It truly is a forum for enthusiasts!