PDA

View Full Version : It had been a while...

Jens Westerinen
01-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Rehearsed with my BSR5M for the first time in a while, due to a minor issue with the preamp (bad contact with the battery), today and WOW.
It hit me (again) that these can fit in anywhere. At any style.
I just love 'em! Couldn't do without one. :)
Have only been playing Smith's for about 2 years but it seems to stay that way. :) Thank you mr. Smith for showing me what's been missing all these years! :D

Here's a great example of how good they do at any kind of style (for those who not already know):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytU2BedreOg
(Not me playing.)

Ken Smith
01-27-2011, 04:23 PM
Rehearsed with my BSR5M for the first time in a while, due to a minor issue with the preamp (bad contact with the battery), today and WOW.
It hit me (again) that these can fit in anywhere. At any style.
I just love 'em! Couldn't do without one. :)
Have only been playing Smith's for about 2 years but it seems to stay that way. :) Thank you mr. Smith for showing me what's been missing all these years! :D

Here's a great example of how good they do at any kind of style (for those who not already know):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytU2BedreOg
(Not me playing.)

Thanks for the mention. I would like to point out that the 'M' model is our lowest priced bass we make here by hand. I myself use it as does my son. The basic model is a Professional Bass. The more expensive models get even smoother as you go up the line but there is no shame anywhere with the 'M' in hand. Same hands in the making, same Oil/Varnish finish as on the GN and Black Tiger, same quality but basic body woods, same hardware and same electronics. Just less bells in whistles but enough to do any professional Job in the world. We just started making the M and MW models for stock again.

Jens Westerinen
01-27-2011, 05:14 PM
I've had a -03 BSR6GN and a -90 BT6 (and a CR5) but kept the "M". :)

I've later added a BT4 -86. Will post pics of it later. Most beautiful I've ever seen. :)