PDA

View Full Version : What's up from Tribeca N.Y.C.

Cliff Crosby
03-09-2011, 10:40 AM
;)Please allow me to introduce myself.... I've known Ken for 26 years. We met when I was a kid living on 13th st. down the block from him. Kens shop was in his apartment at that time so I had the opportunity to watch him work on a number of basses and also worked with him on a number of occasions. I'm a metal and hard rock guitarist ( Warrior Soul/ geffen rec. , Rain of Kings/ currently ) although I can play a little bass (very little LOL) . I was always fascinated watching Ken work on different basses , a thought came to mind one day and I asked him to build a guitar for me . It took a few months for him to agree to do it but he did, which brings me to the main reason why I'm here on the KS bass forum. My Ken Smith BT. custom 6 string guitar is a unique and versatile smaller version ( ken likes to call it ) of the BT custom 6 bass ,which is in fact identical to a BT from that period (1986) including a custom guitar version of the active circuit . I've wanted to post photos of my guitar in the KSF gallery but I didn't know about the forum until last year. Ken agrees that it belongs there and I'm certain members will enjoy it's uniqueness ,rarity and beauty ( outrageous crotch walnut top !) . Now if I can just figure out how to upload the damn over sized pix. Damn.. this guitar smokes, when my band plays gigs metal guys scratch their heads asking me " what the hell is that " ? After we've played they come to me asking " what is that and can I get one ? I tell them no because it's the only one in existence and " there can be only one ! Ken did make a mirror image lefty from the same template which had chrome parts ( mine is gold plated ) fret markers and no active circuit which makes my BT one of a kind . I'll post when possible. Cheers , Cliff;);)