PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dream..

Ken Smith
04-30-2011, 04:47 PM
I dreamed last night that I was doing an Orchestra concert and playing GERMAN Bow.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I woke up, came into the office and played 6 of my Basses with 2 different French Bows.. whew...:):cool::D

It was just a nightmare..:(

Eric Swanson
04-30-2011, 05:01 PM
:)

That Sue Lipkins' "Sartory" model should chill out just about any bad dream, I would think...

Ken Smith
04-30-2011, 05:08 PM
:)

That Sue Lipkins' "Sartory" model should chill out just about any bad dream, I would think...

Yes, it did!;)

Eric Swanson
05-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Yes, it did!;)

OK, I have to ask; what was the second bow you used to dispel the demons?

Ken Smith
05-01-2011, 07:03 AM
OK, I have to ask; what was the second bow you used to dispel the demons?

Just the one that was in the bow quiver of my Neuner in the rack. When I pulled that bass out I just used that Bow so it wasn't in the way. It was my Eibert Sartory model, about 10 years old.

Richard Prowse
05-03-2011, 12:59 AM
I dreamed last night that I was doing an Orchestra concert and playing GERMAN Bow.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I woke up, came into the office and played 6 of my Basses with 2 different French Bows.. whew...:):cool::D

It was just a nightmare..:(
I was in the South Island doing a nine day tour with a trio a week ago. The singer likes to play the verse (rubato) to Pennies From Heaven as a sort of intro. I started to play it with him, using French grip on my German bow, and it sounded quite nice. I did this on a few gigs.
We experienced some very heavy rain when the tour got to the Marlborough Sounds. When I stopped using that French grip on that tune the weather cleared up. I think the German bow encourages nicer weather.

Ken Smith
05-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Richard, several years ago while playing in a concert band my hand was getting tired playing the Tuba part in the ump-pa parts along with two tubas. I then grabbed my French bow underhand/German grip. Other than twisting my wrist to play, it felt rather nice and easier to get the sound out.

Richard Prowse
05-04-2011, 02:05 AM
Richard, several years ago while playing in a concert band my hand was getting tired playing the Tuba part in the ump-pa parts along with two tubas. I then grabbed my French bow underhand/German grip. Other than twisting my wrist to play, it felt rather nice and easier to get the sound out.
Good on you Ken, there's hope that you may be converted yet - to the dark tone side!

Ken Smith
05-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Good on you Ken, there's hope that you may be converted yet - to the dark tone side!

Converted?.. No...:eek:

But accepted that others do it?..

Sure, as long as it makes you a better person..;)