PDA

View Full Version : BSR 5 en

Hazza Evang
05-19-2011, 02:43 AM
i just bought a BSR 5 en, all i can say is wow.... want that 6 now ha.... i'm a bit confused as to the model numbers and what they mean, i have done searches for en models and not much comes up on them i keep getting the Gn or G , tiger elite etc models.. can anyone help me with some information on my model and the differences wbetween them all as i am now searching for a 6

cheers

Harala

Ken Smith
05-19-2011, 06:45 AM
i just bought a BSR 5 en, all i can say is wow.... want that 6 now ha.... i'm a bit confused as to the model numbers and what they mean, i have done searches for en models and not much comes up on them i keep getting the Gn or G , tiger elite etc models.. can anyone help me with some information on my model and the differences wbetween them all as i am now searching for a 6

cheers

Harala

You mean 'N' model, right? Maybe pronounced eN but the model I believe was the 'N' series.

It was like the GN/BT we make now but without the 'G' which was the Graphite inlaid bars and a few other things as well. Sort of a stripped down version of the GN to sell at a lower price than the BT model of that period. !995 or 1996 rings a bell. Is the fingerboard Bubinga or Ebony? We also made an 'M' (eM) model back then as well. One folloed the other in time but both were the lower priced Neck Thrus, made only for a few years between the two models.

A few years ago we came back out with a lower priced neck thru called the MS series basses. People always like spending less if they can but in reality, the cost to make less in not as great as the loss in features for the Bass. The MS is as low as we can go now on a bass which does have the Graphite inlaid neck, just like the GN/BT models do but is also stripped down. When you ala-a-carte a few of the GN features back up into the MS, you reach the same price so we suggest one buys the MS as it was intended, no options or the GN which for the difference is a better buy with all the added or rather 'non-subtracted' features in it.

We made a few loaded up MS models not long ago with added Series/Parallel, 3 pc body with figured walnut and Black or Gold hardware as well as the standard chrome for that model. All of these were sold from stock except for one 6MS model with a body like a Black Tiger, S/P and black hardware. It almost sold last week but when the customer played a GN, srpung a little higher for it liking the GN more with the extra features and higher price as well. The MS has a 3pc neck which feels in-between the 5pc neck thru and the bolt-on 3pc. The MS has Morado FB as standard like a Bolt-on but with the Graphite Bars in the neck so it's a bit of a hybrid in materials design. Visually it's not as complex looking as the GN/BT model but sonically, we think it's a winner all the way.

Hazza Evang
05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi ken
thanks for the quick reply, the bass has an ebony board, , i have taken the back cover off so this will help and shed more light on it,i'm looking for a 6 so wouldn't mind the same model, i should of done this in the first place really...
quality control test date is 6/7/00
serial number 5EG189700t

regards

Harala

Ken Smith
05-19-2011, 12:33 PM
Hi ken
thanks for the quick reply, the bass has an ebony board, , i have taken the back cover off so this will help and shed more light on it,i'm looking for a 6 so wouldn't mind the same model, i should of done this in the first place really...
quality control test date is 6/7/00
serial number 5EG189700t

regards

Harala

This is the bass you are asking about, the 5EG? Totally different than the 5N model. The same number should be stamped into the end of the Fingerboard as written on the label. Please show some pictures of it to make sure.

Hazza Evang
05-19-2011, 02:10 PM
hi, yes it has the same number on the fingerboard, i tried to upload some pictures but wouldn't let me , will try again later with a different format, i was told by the seller it was 5n he obviously doasn't know much about them and i am new to them also, i take it the 5EG is a better model

regards

harala

Hazza Evang
05-20-2011, 07:28 AM
managed to get some pics on of the bass..