PDA

View Full Version : For how long YOUR electronics go before you start having problems?

Amit Shtriker
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey all,

Just curious if any of you have problems with electronics, or it's just my bad luck..

I had to replace the whole electronics after about 5 years.. I replaced it from the older 9V B.M.T to the newer 18V because I realized that the problem was with the circuits connected physically to the pots which is different on the new ones. Needless to say this wasn't cheap.

It was 3 years ago, and now my volume pot is showing signs of going dead, getting worse every day. It started with cracking noise and now I also have brake downs which I need to play with the volume up and down to make it work again.

I know it's mainly because of the push\pull feature, but I hardly ever used it, and it never saved me when I had dead battery (it usually doesn't happen in a middle of a set...) which is the only purpose of the push\pull as Ken always say.

So is there anything I can do other than ordering a new volume pot (or a whole circuit again)? Does anyone here experience the same problems as me? Is there any option not to have a push\pull option on the volume pot?

The bass is BSR4JMW, working hard but not neglected.. Always in the gig bag when not played.. Never abused the push\pull.. Only had the volume up and down quite a "few" times... Is there any estimation on how many volume up and down cycles this pot can go until it gets tired??