PDA

View Full Version : Howdy

Flint Buchanan
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Hello

My name is Flint Buchanan, and I'm currently in Athens, GA, USA.

I have been playing upright for about 2 1/2 years. I am an adult beginner, but wish I had started much earlier. I really just didn't have the opportunity growing up. I did play the trombone for years in school, so I did at least know how to read music.

I am a member of the Athens Symphony, which is a good community level amateur orchestra. We have some "ringers" from the local university to help hold things together but they really only comprise the principles. Playing with this group has really helped me to grow as a bassist-getting thrown in the deep end and haveing to sink or swim.

I have started studying jazz, and that has been interesting. I should probably get together with some others sometime soon to start jamming. I am just a little hesitant right now because there is just SO much I don't know yet.

thanks and again "hello"

flint

Tim Bishop
03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Hello

My name is Flint Buchanan, and I'm currently in Athens, GA, USA.

I have been playing upright for about 2 1/2 years. I am an adult beginner, but wish I had started much earlier. I really just didn't have the opportunity growing up. I did play the trombone for years in school, so I did at least know how to read music.

I am a member of the Athens Symphony, which is a good community level amateur orchestra. We have some "ringers" from the local university to help hold things together but they really only comprise the principles. Playing with this group has really helped me to grow as a bassist-getting thrown in the deep end and haveing to sink or swim.

I have started studying jazz, and that has been interesting. I should probably get together with some others sometime soon to start jamming. I am just a little hesitant right now because there is just SO much I don't know yet.

thanks and again "hello"

flint

Hi Flint and welcome to Ken's Corner! ;)

Richard Prowse
03-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Hello Flint and Welcome.:D