PDA

View Full Version : I got one Ken Smith!

Antonio Tarantino
02-14-2012, 05:34 PM
Hi to everyone.

Just to introduce myself, I am writing from the other side of the Atlantic and I am not an native English speaker (so, please forgive my mistakes). I've been playing piano, then guitar and finally came to the bass 10 years ago. I'm a gigging musician with a steady job and don't consider myself a professional.

Last week I was visiting Madrid and came across a used BSR4 M (Avodiré). It was by far the smoothest playing bass I have ever tried, despite the fact that it has the widest neck of my collection (yes, I am a JB type of neck fan, and I own a few basses). I was looking for a fast playing instrument with a full, rich sound and I could not resist. Now I am having fun experimenting with the EQ, amps and cabinets. I had never played a Smith before and must admit that what people say is true: once you try one you hate it or love it. I got hooked.

Thank you Ken for your instruments. I will probably come back later on with a few questions but I have to go now: my Smith is waiting for me :-)

Good night (or good day) to everyone.

Lou Laurenti
02-14-2012, 08:50 PM
Thanks for sharing that story. I have heard the same story from literally hundreds of happy Ken Smith bass players. Once you played a Smith bass you realize without question the quality and the superior craftsmanship of the bass and of course the outstanding playability truly second to none. Once you have played a Smith your hooked.

Bunny Hoskins
03-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Yeah cool!

Roy Diza
03-31-2012, 11:19 AM
You have to share some pics with your fellow Smith owners :)