PDA

View Full Version : Burner pickup wiring question

Ronen Tat
04-25-2012, 07:34 AM
:confused:

Hi all,

Just recently I got a nice 96' Deluxe Ash KS Burner 4 that came with alien :eek: pickups & preamp. I do have the original KS preamp and also found a pair of used original KS Burner pickups.

The bass is going back to its original setup and I need some help understanding which wire goes where:
Each pickup has four wires (red/green/black/gray) and a bare wire.
The p/u connectors on the preamp have only two wires (black/white).

Also, both pickups are the same size and look identical. How do I know which goes to bridge/neck position?

Thanks!
Ronen
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"From Ken; Pickups are the same, either position for each.

bare goes with ground/shield. Wt/bk to wt/bk ( I think), the other two are tied off.. I think.. This is over a decade since."

Ronen Tat
04-25-2012, 04:25 PM
:confused:

Pickups are the same, either position for each.

bare goes with ground/shield. Wt/bk to wt/bk ( I think), the other two are tied off.. I think.. This is over a decade since.

For some reason this reply is included within my original post... I'm guessing it's by Mr. Smith.
Anyway, thanks for the information. I already installed the original preamp and the sound has significantly improved! No idea why anyone would want anything else in there. The pickups are next.

Ken Smith
04-25-2012, 04:39 PM
For some reason this reply is included within my original post... I'm guessing it's by Mr. Smith.
Anyway, thanks for the information. I already installed the original preamp and the sound has significantly improved! No idea why anyone would want anything else in there. The pickups are next.

Oops.. I hit Edit (I am the Mod so I have that for everyone) instead of Quote, Sorry.. I'll make that more clear above.

Ronen Tat
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks again Ken.
Apparently, (wires) from the pickup => black + bare goes to black, green goes to white, red & white from pickup tide together.
All is done. The bass is now a legit Ken Smith Burner with that thick horn-style tone AND ultra fast neck. I love it!