PDA

View Full Version : Finally I've got my "Smith"

Martin Plascencia
06-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi everyone!

I'd first like to introduce myself:
My name is Martin Plascencia, Mexican living in Poland and I'm very happy of joining this forum.
As I wrote in my profile, the reason why I joined this forum is to make it possible for me to get a Ken Smith 6 that I've had been dreaming of for quite a long time. Last Thursday, June 7th finally the wait came up to an end. I scored myself a beautiful Ken Smith Burner 6 in such a good condition. It even came with the original tear-drop case. I will post some pics late on.
The only issue is that the knobs are not the original and I'm wondering whether I could buy them from Ken or whether he or the people at KS would be willing/allowed to sell 4 knobs to me.
Also, I am enclosing the serial number and hoping Ken himself could give any input about the instrument: 951354CM6
Also I should mention that the same number is written on the back of the control cavity plate, as well as some writing that seems to be his signature.
Like I said, I'll post some pics later on.
Well, thanks for reading and thanks to Ken if he'd bothered to reply this message.
I wish you to have a nice week.

Martin P.

Ken Smith
06-12-2012, 02:57 PM
Hi everyone!

I'd first like to introduce myself:
My name is Martin Plascencia, Mexican living in Poland and I'm very happy of joining this forum.
As I wrote in my profile, the reason why I joined this forum is to make it possible for me to get a Ken Smith 6 that I've had been dreaming of for quite a long time. Last Thursday, June 7th finally the wait came up to an end. I scored myself a beautiful Ken Smith Burner 6 in such a good condition. It even came with the original tear-drop case. I will post some pics late on.
The only issue is that the knobs are not the original and I'm wondering whether I could buy them from Ken or whether he or the people at KS would be willing/allowed to sell 4 knobs to me.
Also, I am enclosing the serial number and hoping Ken himself could give any input about the instrument: 951354CM6
Also I should mention that the same number is written on the back of the control cavity plate, as well as some writing that seems to be his signature.
Like I said, I'll post some pics later on.
Well, thanks for reading and thanks to Ken if he'd bothered to reply this message.
I wish you to have a nice week.

Martin P.

Ok, I will bother.. lol.. Actually, it's no bother at all. Your bass is a 1995 Burner Custom maple 6. Read this link here to learn more; http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrb/bsrb.html

Buying knobs are no problem but the shipping will cost 5x the price of the knobs.

Martin Plascencia
06-13-2012, 03:44 AM
Wow! That was quick! Thanks, Ken.
About the knobs, could you let me know the cost of each?
A friend of mine is going to the U.S in September, I think.
So he would get them for me. Once again, thanks.

Ken Smith
06-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Wow! That was quick! Thanks, Ken.
About the knobs, could you let me know the cost of each?
A friend of mine is going to the U.S in September, I think.
So he would get them for me. Once again, thanks.

Please email me for all business related subjects; http://www.kensmithbasses.com/email/email.html

Martin Plascencia
06-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Ok, Ken. I'll do so. Once again, thank you.