PDA

View Full Version : My New BSR5WTE

Otto Orraca
06-13-2012, 01:20 AM
I finally got a Ken Smith bass. This is an amazing BSR5WTE. Ken truly builds amazing basses. I am extremly happy.
Thanks Ken for building such amazing basses.

Franck Callebert
06-13-2012, 03:14 AM
Congrats !! She is awesome !
Welcome to the KSAC (Ken Smith Addicts Club)!

Ken Smith
06-13-2012, 02:40 PM
I finally got a Ken Smith bass. This is an amazing BSR5WTE. Ken truly builds amazing basses. I am extremly happy.
Thanks Ken for building such amazing basses.

That's just about my favorite wood. The Tiger Maple on your bass was aged here about 12 -14 years as was the Walnut core and laminates.

http://www.kensmithbasses.com/ft/lumbersection/images/blocks.jpghttp://www.kensmithbasses.com/ft/lumbersection/images/blocks1.jpg

Otto Orraca
06-13-2012, 03:06 PM
I have a question. Does a non-matching headstock bass, does it make the bass a more unique? I have seen more KS having matching headstock than non-matching.

Ken Smith
06-13-2012, 03:28 PM
I have a question. Does a non-matching headstock bass, does it make the bass a more unique? I have seen more KS having matching headstock than non-matching.

Depends on the year, bass and model. On many or the White Tiger Elites we put Ebony on the head. Some had matching heads depending on the order or what I was looking to do with the model. My mind wanders so my wood choices and models sometimes wander with it.

Lou Laurenti
06-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Depends on the year, bass and model. On many or the White Tiger Elites we put Ebony on the head. Some had matching heads depending on the order or what I was looking to do with the model. My mind wanders so my wood choices and models sometimes wander with it.

Congrad's on you new Bass and welcome to the Forum

Steven Freitas
06-22-2012, 07:37 PM
Beautiful bass Otto. Congratulations.

Yep, a Smith is in a league all it's own.

Jason Mendelson
07-16-2012, 03:06 PM
That is so beautiful!

Desmund Nichols
11-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Can you post more pictures or possible a video of your bass? I have a bass on order but my next one I plan to get is a WTE.

Jason Wilson
11-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Beautiful bass, no wonder you are so happy :p

Congrats!!