PDA

View Full Version : Thinner Rubber Grips?

Chris DeMarco
09-08-2012, 01:59 PM
Does anybody know of a place where you can get a thinner rubber grip like the ones on the old Sue Lipkins bows in the classifieds? I'm looking to start using a grip but the normal ones are to thick, I like to be able to feel the bow.

Ken Smith
09-08-2012, 08:18 PM
Does anybody know of a place where you can get a thinner rubber grip like the ones on the old Sue Lipkins bows in the classifieds? I'm looking to start using a grip but the normal ones are to thick, I like to be able to feel the bow.

Sue gets the rubber in NY from a supply house. She is my source when I need it. If you send your bow there for re-hair, she can add the rubber for you. It is not as easy as it looks to get it on and in the place desired.

Chris DeMarco
09-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I just got a rehair :(
Do you happen to know the name of the supplier? I wonder if I could pay Sueto send me some. Do you have her contact info?

Ken Smith
09-08-2012, 09:06 PM
I just got a rehair :(
Do you happen to know the name of the supplier? I wonder if I could pay Sueto send me some. Do you have her contact info?

I emailed you her info.

Chris DeMarco
09-08-2012, 10:14 PM
Does she generally check her email or should I give her a call?

Ken Smith
09-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Does she generally check her email or should I give her a call?

I don't know, sorry. I usually just call when I have bow business to discuss.

Gerry Grable
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
It is not as easy as it looks to get it on and in the place desired.

You can say that again, Ken. I damn near ruined the bone/plastic (?) winding on my bow with one of those from Golihur. It was so tight that the winding started to unravel. I have blue painter's tape on it now until I can get it fixed properly. After the fact, I read that I should have used soapy water for a lubricant. too late. I sent the surgical tubing pieces back.