PDA

View Full Version : from Alvaro Sovero in Lima,Peru.

Ken Smith
01-02-2013, 09:15 PM
"I would like to share with you a video of a concert where I played the last August 17th, it was an unforgettable one for my country Lima, Peru. We celebrate the 20 years of career of "Gianmarco", whom I have the honor to play the bass with. He's a three times Grammy winner singer and composer, he has wrote songs for many other famous artist, such as Marc Anthony, Gloria Estefan, Alejandro Fernandez, Luis Enrique, Paulina Rubio, and many others.
In the concert, which was sold out with more than 60,000 people and broadcasted on TV, I use my favorite bass, my Ken Smith, and I this way I want to thank you so much for doing this amazing interment, is a great blessing in my life."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHkOhv08aM

(This was sent to me in an email with a 'Holidays' greeting but it's too good not to share. Enjoy.)

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bHkOhv08aM)

Danny Hernandez
11-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Ken, Trying to watch the vid but it's coming up that it's private. I'd link to check it out if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Ken Smith
11-07-2013, 03:17 AM
Ken, Trying to watch the vid but it's coming up that it's private. I'd link to check it out if possible.

Thanks in advance!

It was taken down for copyright problems.

Danny Hernandez
11-07-2013, 10:37 PM
It was taken down for copyright problems.
Thanks Ken... Did I understand it correct that your from Peru? I visit Peru A few times a year as I do a lot of business in Central and South America and its beautiful and great food!!!

Ken Smith
11-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Thanks Ken... Did I understand it correct that your from Peru? I visit Peru A few times a year as I do a lot of business in Central and South America and its beautiful and great food!!!

ME from Peru? No, I am American with my father and grand parents from Austria and my mother who was born here from parents/grandparents from the Ukraine. Central/Eastern Europe. I speak a few words of Spanish as I had it in school and, my Wife is from Colombia.

I was just posting a video from a guy playing a Smith Bass in Peru. Perhaps now, this thread should be deleted as the video is now gone. That artist is all over youtube as well.

Danny Hernandez
11-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Know that I read the post I see that you posted for Alvaro:o
We'll

Ronen Tat
11-08-2013, 06:48 AM
ME from Peru? No, I am American...

Naa' you should have said yes, that would have made it even more amusing :D

Ken Smith
11-08-2013, 09:07 AM
Naa' you should have said yes, that would have made it even more amusing :D

Looking back at that, Peru IS in America too. South America. So, I was not 100% accurate there so to be exact, I was born in Brooklyn New York, USA, in North America. Comprende ? :D

Danny Hernandez
11-08-2013, 08:04 PM
Looking back at that, Peru IS in America too. South America. So, I was not 100% accurate there so to be exact, I was born in Brooklyn New York, USA, in North America. Comprende ? :D
Tell you what Ken, you have a great sense of humor! :D and you do have a point.

Ken Smith
11-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Tell you what Ken, you have a great sense of humor! :D and you do have a point.

Yes, and you are in America too, Central America! ;)