PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Ken!

Jeff Bollbach
01-21-2007, 05:45 PM
For creating another place that will help keep me from getting any work done:D.

Ken Smith
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
Ahhh.. Does that mean the Loveri will have to wait even longer?:eek:

Just think of this place as Bass Group Therapy!

A man works better without stressful thoughts...;)

Marcus Johnson
01-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah, baby..... All is right with the world. Gotta let the boys know.

Greg Clinkingbeard
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, baby..... All is right with the world. Gotta let the boys know.

We're finding out...........

John Crosley
01-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Glad to be a member Ken, Thanks!

Jeff Bollbach
01-21-2007, 08:31 PM
We're finding out...........

Hey-"Greg Clinkingbeard" doesn't sound like a real name!

Greg Clinkingbeard
01-21-2007, 08:48 PM
Jeff,
You got the inside track with Ken? Again, why would I make it up? It's unique, unlike Ken Smith. Gotta be at least a million of those.:D:D

Clink;)

Richard Prowse
01-21-2007, 11:24 PM
Buongiorno

Richard Prowse
01-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Hey, this site looks just like Talk Bass.
Why isn't it green or, say, red?
:confused: Even these little faces look the same!
Io non comprendo.

Jamale Davis
01-21-2007, 11:45 PM
thanks ken for the new forum and hopefully a breath of fresh air...

Phil Maneri
01-22-2007, 02:29 AM
Glad you made a new sandbox. I'll play in it with you.

Ken Smith
01-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Something woke me up about 3am. I think it was all the guys signing up using names other than whats printed on their ID. Phil has his in his signature but when one looks thru the 'Members List' he will see Toad and not Phil. That was one of the reasons for the real name thing. The other was so that it doesn't turn into another TB with snipers taking shots behind fictitious names.

I think the crowd here will be one of a better class, hopefully. So far, I see a nice group of people and know there are more coming. Riccardo, my brother-in-law is named Riccardo as well. Please use your full name so we don't end up with confusion on the name thing.

Anyone who has not signed up with his 'Real Name', PM my son Mike and he will fix it. Mike is working on new skins other than the default that came with the software. I expect to have it looking different fairly soon. I have been reading the Thread on TB, Misc/DB on the other side following the comments and opinions regarding this new Forum. So far, it looks positive but TB being what it is, anything can happen.

I am not looking for this Forum to take over or replace TB. If we end up here with just 10% of the traffic that TB has I will be happy as long as it's a good bunch of people. I prefer quality people here rather than a quantity of people. As you can see, I have picked many similar topics but also mapped out my 'New Bass' - 'Old Bass' Thread sections for all those wishing to be specific about their 'Dog House'.

Have you notice the spell check on this site or is it just me using Mozilla Firefox here at home and work? When I did the same posting on TB, I didn't see it but on this 'site I get underlined words and spelling options if I right click it. Cool huh?

Have fun guys and post away. I'm going back to bed..

Jarrah Al Sabah
01-22-2007, 04:28 AM
Looks like this is going to be a great forum.... Kudos Mr. Smith ! :)

Bruce Lindfield
01-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Hi Everyone I shall be checking this out regularly - another happy customer!! :p

Arnold Schnitzer
01-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Looks good, Ken. I like the professional tone of the forum layouts. I also like this smilie :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Brian Glassman
01-22-2007, 08:59 AM
Glad you made a new sandbox. I'll play in it with you.

We're all jumpin' in. Congrats Ken! Now where is that shovel?:p

bri

stan haskins
01-22-2007, 09:33 AM
OK, is this the good party now?

Thanks, Ken - it looks like you've put alot of work into this.

Bob Faulkner
01-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Have you notice the spell check on this site or is it just me using Mozilla Firefox here at home and work? When I did the same posting on TB, I didn't see it but on this 'site I get underlined words and spelling options if I right click it. Cool huh?

That's the built-in spell checker in Firefox 2.

Thanks for launching this forum. I've been wishing you would open something like this for a long time so that those of us who own your instruments would have a central place to share thoughts and form a community.

Brian Gencarelli
01-22-2007, 11:56 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:6gPQ4ac4v3chrM:http://www.buttercuppopcorn.com/popcorn%2520bucketsCOB.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.buttercuppopcorn.com/popcorn%2520bucketsCOB.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.buttercuppopcorn.com/poppersupplies.htm&h=1685&w=2700&sz=774&hl=en&start=84&tbnid=6gPQ4ac4v3chrM:&tbnh=94&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpopcorn%26start%3D80%26ndsp%3D20%26sv num%3D10%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26safe%3Dactive%26sa%3D N)

:D Glad to see that you are gonna be posting again!

It's cool to have another forum for us low notes.

Thanks,
Brian

Jim Lownds
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the new forum, Ken. I'm looking forward to getting an "education". :)

Pete Coco
01-22-2007, 12:25 PM
I think the crowd here will be one of a better class, hopefully.
Sorry I just ruined that idea!:D But seriously, I'm looking forward to hanging around here. And now you all know my real name is COCO! Oh well....

Mike Pecanic
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Hi Ken, you were missed at NAMM show (I needed a place to stash my jacket, LOL). Actually John S. and I discussed this site so here I am! Looking forward to the spirtied yet civil discussions here.

Mike

Richard Prowse
01-22-2007, 01:17 PM
I think the crowd here will be one of a better class, hopefully. So far, I see a nice group of people and know there are more coming. Riccardo, my brother-in-law is named Riccardo as well. Please use your full name so we don't end up with confusion on the name thing.

Sorry, I didn't realise about the real name thing.
Real name = Richard Prowse.
I'll try to change it, but I'm not very good with these computer things.

Ken Smith
01-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Sorry, I didn't realise about the real name thing.
Real name = Richard Prowse.
I'll try to change it, but I'm not very good with these computer things.

No problem.. all fixed now. Enjoy the Forum.

Bob Branstetter
01-22-2007, 08:06 PM
Looks great Ken. Real Names!!!

Now maybe we can find out who this Paul Warburton guy really is :)

Michael Case
01-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Hello Ken and everyone else! It's good to see a new forum coming up. I'm also known as Mike da Mook. Here I'm mild mannered bassist Michael Case.

Marcus Johnson
01-23-2007, 11:50 AM
That's one aspect of this that will take a little getting used to; reacquainting with folks we've known for a long time, now under their real names. Anyway, nice to neet you, Moo....er, Michael.;)

Michael Case
01-23-2007, 12:06 PM
Well thank you Marcus. Nice to meet you too.

Jim Clark
01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Ken and some other familiar cyber-faces,

I am very glad to see this forum and am looking forward to continuing to learn from Ken and the rest of the gang. I have been a member at TB for many years, but I tend to keep a very low profile and shy away from heated discussions. It's great to have another source of knowledge.

Don Higdon
01-26-2007, 08:20 PM
My real name is Ed Fuqua, but somebody else took it.

Mike Smith
01-26-2007, 08:33 PM
My real name is Ed Fuqua, but somebody else took it.

There's nobody here with that user name. Make sure that your not trying to use the same email with two accounts. If you would like me to, I can change your user name from Don Higdon to Ed Fugua. PM/email me please Ed on how you would like to do this.

For the rest of you, make sure you send name requests directly to me via pm or email.

Ken Smith
01-26-2007, 09:30 PM
There's nobody here with that user name. Make sure that your not trying to use the same email with two accounts. If you would like me to, I can change your user name from Don Higdon to Ed Fugua. PM/email me please Ed on how you would like to do this.

For the rest of you, make sure you send name requests directly to me via pm or email.

Don, that's my son, the youngest. Mike? He's kidding! Ed is another guy from Talkbass that he's ribbing so he comes over here.. ;)

Bill Doss
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
:D Thanks Ken, A forum just for us!

Eranio Dela Cruz Jr.
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
:D Thanks Ken, A forum just for us!

BILL welcome to the club

ONNIE

Bill Doss
01-30-2007, 05:17 PM
BILL welcome to the club

ONNIE

Thanks Onnie. I would not be here if I had played your black tiger....LOL

Ken McKay
02-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Hello, Double bass is where it's at.

Jonathan Roberts
02-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Hello this is my first post and I would like jsut say thanks Ken for making great basses. I recently bought a set of pickups and a new circuit for my BsrB 6. the bass sounds amazing now and it also looks very diffferent than when I bought after I did a refinish on it. Best neck I have ever played. I will post pics soon. Thanks again Ken

Jeff Gellis
02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey Ken,
I speak for many in the bass community when I say congrats on your forum.

I was saddened to learn of your departure from another bass forum where your posts were informative and entertaining.

Well, I should have guessed that you had a plan of your own. As it turns out probably a real blessing that you started this forum. Good luck and thanks.

Ken Smith
02-11-2011, 09:15 PM
For creating another place that will help keep me from getting any work done:D.

Speaking of getting work done, I just picked up my fully restored Mougenot (http://www.kensmithbasses.com/doublebasses/vuillaume/) along with its new C-extension.

Jeff, your work on this bass is beautiful. It almost looks like I did a Barbara Eden Jeannie thing and poof, Restored bass, no sign of Human involvement.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_gH_BmKOWGBo/TSzsyXptr6I/AAAAAAAAAVk/QYHAM6Fl-uE/s1600/i-dream-of-jeannie.jpg

The Bass plays so easily for a big instrument. Please, find some time and say hello here once in awhile.

Eduardo Barbosa
02-12-2011, 02:03 AM
This is a great forum!
I actually get some real answers from real people here!
thank you!