PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ken Smith Bass just can't wait

Danny Hernandez
11-04-2013, 02:47 PM
Hi, this is my 1st post and the soon to be new owner of BSR 6 Full Elite specs with 5A quilted/flamed or cigar maple top/back with mahogany core, 5pc neck etc etc.
Just placed my order about 3 weeks ago and just can't wait to get my hands on this masterpiece instrument! I had been looking to purchase a high end bass and ran across Ken Smith Basses on YouTube and just fell in love with the sound and looks of these fine crafted instruments. Now it's just a matter of time 3 to 5 months seems likes it's an eternity but I know that it will be worth the time!!!

Special thanks to Mr. Ken Smith that was able to guide me in the right path and was able to translate my thoughts into the instrument that I am looking for.

Tim Bishop
11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
I can assure you, you won't be disappointed. :cool:

Desmund Nichols
11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Be careful man. I only wanted one, I have three.

Danny Hernandez
11-04-2013, 11:44 PM
Thanks Tim! I am sure it will be worth the wait!
And just like Desmund mentioned I haven't gotten my hands on the bass and am already looking at my next Smith. I think that these bad boys are addicting.

Tim Bishop
11-05-2013, 12:21 AM
Thanks Tim! I am sure it will be worth the wait!....I think that these bad boys are addicting.Addicting? If you only knew. :D:);)

Danny Hernandez
11-05-2013, 01:18 AM
Addicting? If you only knew. :D:);)
:confused:
Am thinking about the White Tiger could be next....

Your thoughts?

Tim Bishop
11-05-2013, 01:51 AM
:confused:
Am thinking about the White Tiger could be next....

Your thoughts?Thoughts? You can't go wrong with any Smith. Trust me. ;)

Lou Laurenti
11-06-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi, this is my 1st post and the soon to be new owner of BSR 6 Full Elite specs with 5A quilted/flamed or cigar maple top/back with mahogany core, 5pc neck etc etc.
Just placed my order about 3 weeks ago and just can't wait to get my hands on this masterpiece instrument! I had been looking to purchase a high end bass and ran across Ken Smith Basses on YouTube and just fell in love with the sound and looks of these fine crafted instruments. Now it's just a matter of time 3 to 5 months seems likes it's an eternity but I know that it will be worth the time!!!

Special thanks to Mr. Ken Smith that was able to guide me in the right path and was able to translate my thoughts into the instrument that I am looking for.

Your getting the best

Danny Hernandez
11-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks Lou! Just can't wait

Danny Hernandez
11-30-2013, 10:58 AM

We'll just wanted to up date the status of my bass, as yesterday afternoon I received the great news that my bass is ready and final set up will be done early next week to be shipped!:D.
I asked Ken to send me a couple of pictures as unfortunately I won't be back home to (USA) until after the holidays due to work and curiosity would just drive me nuts not been able to at least see my 1st KSB (already looking at my next which is going White Tiger Elite).
Once I receive the pictures hopefully on Monday I will post to get your feedback...
Am feeling like a newly proud parent wanting to show off his new offspring!!! :o:o lol

Danny Hernandez
12-02-2013, 01:13 PM
We'll just got a couple of pics of the bass in Ken's Bench getting the final set up...

Let me know what u guys think...

Thanks and proud new owner of KSB

Tim Bishop
12-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Wouldn't have expected anything less. Congrats, Bro!

Danny Hernandez
12-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks Tim! Now I have to escape for a couple of days from work to pick it up as I know that I won't be able to wait until after the holidays.

Gary Allgood
12-06-2013, 11:22 AM
Very nice, congrats on your new bass!

Danny Hernandez
12-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Very nice, congrats on your new bass!

Thanks Gary! Here's another pic....

Roosevelt Allen
12-11-2013, 12:33 AM
Congrats! There is nothing like a Smith.

Desmund Nichols
12-11-2013, 04:20 PM
If I ever buy another Smith, it will be Quilted Maple top and probably Walnut Core. Either Walnut or Mahogany.

Nick Foster
12-31-2013, 03:09 AM

This is what I want next. It will be my third.

Danny Hernandez
12-31-2013, 07:51 AM
Nick that Avodire Top is great looking! I was actually looking at the wood for my second Smith but have decided to go with Ebony Top 6FEG!
Post some pics once you get it...

Good luck!

Ken Smith
12-31-2013, 09:50 AM

This is what I want next. It will be my third.

Avodire' with figure like this is quite rare. Usually, if the log is figured it is sold off for Veneer at a higher price than if sold for lumber. To find actual wood/lumber with figure in the Avodire' is not easy to find. We've had only a few pieces that were highly figured. The rest of the load was medium figured or just ribbon grain.

Nick Foster
12-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Avodire' with figure like this is quite rare. Usually, if the log is figured it is sold off for Veneer at a higher price than if sold for lumber. To find actual wood/lumber with figure in the Avodire' is not easy to find. We have only a few pieces that were high figured. the rest of the load was medium figured or just ribbon grain.

I'm still a year or so away from placing an order (trying to buy my first house), but I hope you have some when the time comes.

Ken Smith
12-31-2013, 04:46 PM
I'm still a year or so away from placing an order (trying to buy my first house), but I hope you have some when the time comes.

I have some but the highest figure pieces are mostly gone for some time now.

Nick Foster
01-01-2014, 05:52 AM
I have some but the highest figure pieces are mostly gone for some time now.

That's balls.