PDA

View Full Version : D tuner for my BT 4

Franck Callebert
12-21-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi all, I'm the proud owner of a beautiful BT4 (1986) and i would like to find a D-tuner for my E string. My bass has gold hardware ...
I don't know if this is available in Ken's workshop or if i can order that somewhere...

Any information ?

Ken Smith
12-21-2013, 11:29 AM
Hi all, I'm the proud owner of a beautiful BT4 (1986) and i would like to find a D-tuner for my E string. My bass has gold hardware ...
I don't know if this is available in Ken's workshop or if i can order that somewhere...

Any information ?

Why not just ask ME! The answer is no. We don't do anything with D-tuners. We just make 5-string basses. I have seen one Smith bass with they installed one of this things and they cut a chunk out of the Coat of Arms. to fit it. Butchery is you ask me. You can never put the original wood back. Scarred for life for 2 extra notes that will hardly be played!

Franck Callebert
12-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Why not just ask ME! ..
cuz i would suspect that other readers should have informations too.. but of course you are the most reliable on this subject.
I haven't seen the Coat Of Arms problem and the fact that i would have to remove some woods just to fit it...
Of course i can live without a D-tuner, just when i play some tune with a low D but its really not often and i can detune my E string for the occasion ..
And of course you are selling 5'ers but I run out of "Woman Acceptance Factor" :D
Thanx for this clear answer ...

I wish you a merry Xmas