PDA

View Full Version : Seth Kimmel Cornerless Bass

Jeremy Darrow
10-05-2015, 08:26 AM
I just got home from a tour that included some stops in the Pacific Northwest. While I was in Eugene, OR, I had the chance to visit with Seth Kimmel and to play one his recent basses. It's a cornerless model with a removable neck (I'll post a picture later). The bass is beautiful and sounds great pizz and under the bow, it's also one of the best-playing basses I have come across. Seth is a unique guy and his character is reflected in the bass. There is a heart-shaped opening on the e-string side to make it easier to carry the bass, along with two heart-shaped sound ports on the upper shoulder and few other tiny hearts inlaid on the scroll and back in contrasting wood. This bass really impressed me and was a lot of fun to spend some time with.

Ken Smith
10-05-2015, 05:03 PM
I just got home from a tour that included some stops in the Pacific Northwest. While I was in Eugene, OR, I had the chance to visit with Seth Kimmel and to play one his recent basses. It's a cornerless model with a removable neck (I'll post a picture later). The bass is beautiful and sounds great pizz and under the bow, it's also one of the best-playing basses I have come across. Seth is a unique guy and his character is reflected in the bass. There is a heart-shaped opening on the e-string side to make it easier to carry the bass, along with two heart-shaped sound ports on the upper shoulder and few other tiny hearts inlaid on the scroll and back in contrasting wood. This bass really impressed me and was a lot of fun to spend some time with.

Pictures = "proof of life"! (:

Jeremy Darrow
10-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Here's a picture: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207669563599087&set=pb.1291932964.-2207520000.1444138409.&type=3&theater

Seth has more images, including the heart cutouts and inlays, on his website.

http://www.sethkimmel.com/#!bigfoots-guitar-photos/cxdd

Edit: It seems my own photo didn't link correctly. Seth's are much nicer anyway and really show off the bass. I wasn't sold on all the hearts at first, but I came to think they were really charming and gave the bass a feeling of playfulness.