PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Greece!

Panos Georgotas
05-31-2007, 03:42 PM
…After a disappointing purchase of an “Alempic” bass guitar (it was a short scale body),I read a Stanley Clarke’s interview in “International Musician” magazine about Ken Smith’s custom basses.
While I had an opportunity to go to U.S. in 1984 for some performances for the Greek community, I decided to meet Ken Smith in person and make myself a lucky owner of a BT Custom 4-string Bass with serial number 153!!!(It was bought in 1984!)
After that, every time I went to U.S.,I used to meet Ken Smith at his office in New York.(27 East 13th Street, N.Y.)I always bought basses or accessories! Now I have kept two of them, the BT and the CR(1994), both 4-strings.
Thanks for making my job “sound” even better!!!
P.S.:I have attached a picture of Ken and me, taken back in 1985.Both so young!!!

Robert Prowse
06-01-2007, 04:45 AM
Welcome Panos.
I happened across my first photo and info about Ken just last night.
He's really quite an amazing person.

Steve_M
06-01-2007, 08:25 AM
Welcome Panos!

Wow, Ken you were a bit of a chick magnet back then, huh? :D

Ken Smith
06-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Welcome Panos!

Wow, Ken you were a bit of a chick magnet back then, huh? :D

Hey, that was a long long time ago. :o

What happened in the past, stays in the past!.. ;)

Anyway, greetings to Panos. I remember meeting him in New York on more than one occasion. He was always a pleasant person to meet with.

Robert Prowse
06-03-2007, 03:26 AM
Hey, that was a long long time ago. :o

What happened in the past, stays in the past!.. ;)

Anyway, greetings to Panos. I remember meeting him in New York on more than one occasion. He was always a pleasant person to meet with.

Come on we are all guys here .... what happened?

Ken Smith
06-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Come on we are all guys here .... what happened?

Wake up! I think we have at least 2 if not 3 females on the Forum now that have signed up. Gotta keep the place respectable now fellas..;)