PDA

View Full Version : Tim Bishop - 30 second Commercial Clip

Tim Bishop
06-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Ok Guys....I'll go first.....

I have attached a 30 sec. .mp3 clip of a Commercial Track I was asked to play on recently. I created and played the bass line on this one. I used my Smith 5EG (5pc. Body and Neck. Cocobolo Top and Back; Walnut Core, Flamed Maple Lams and Smith Medium Taper Cores).

NOTE: On this particular clip, everything was recorded flat (pre mix and mastering). So, depending on the sound sytem you choose to listen, I would expect different results, however, I hope it comes thru clear enough for those that listen to it.

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy!

Albert Smith
06-19-2007, 05:45 PM

I have attached a 30 sec. .mp3 clip of a Commercial Track I was asked to play on recently. I created and played the bass line on this one. I used my Smith 5EG (5pc. Body and Neck. Cocobolo Top and Back; Walnut Core, Flamed Maple Lams and Smith Medium Taper Cores).

NOTE: On this particular clip, everything was recorded flat (pre mix and mastering). So, depending on the sound sytem you choose to listen, I would expect different results, however, I hope it comes thru clear enough for those that listen to it.

Enjoy!

That's what's up Tim I hear the chops, only thing I wish it was longer I was just getting into the groove. Great job!! :D

Tim Bishop
06-19-2007, 05:57 PM

Enjoy!

That's what's up Tim I hear the chops, only thing I wish it was longer I was just getting into the groove. Great job!! :D

Thx Al. The longer the track, the better chance of hitting the 3MB upload limit, so, I chose this clip for that reason.

Mike Smith
06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Thx Al. The longer the track, the better chance of hitting the 3MB upload limit, so, I chose this clip for that reason.

don't worry, it's on a per attachment basis :cool:

Tim Bishop
06-19-2007, 06:31 PM

Enjoy!

don't worry, it's on a per attachment basis :cool:

Yes, however, if one is attempting to upload a single, say, 4 minute audio clip, they'll will hit 3MB in a hurry. That's why I chose to upload a single audio clip of 30 sec. and with that I've already hit 1.2MB.

Bob Faulkner
06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
Very funky man. Smooth sounding. That's the kind of funk I'm trying to develop. My metal background has not allowed a lot of experience along those lines, though I'm trying to remedy that these days.

Tim Bishop
06-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Very funky man. Smooth sounding. That's the kind of funk I'm trying to develop. My metal background has not allowed a lot of experience along those lines, though I'm trying to remedy that these days.

Thx Bob! I hope you enjoyed it and I appreciate your reply. :)

Dennis Michaels
06-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Very nice work.

I don't know what I have up but click the myspace link in my profile and there are video's and audio.

Tim Bishop
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Very nice work.

I don't know what I have up but click the myspace link in my profile and there are video's and audio.

Thx much for your kind reply Dennis. :)

Roger Vaughan
12-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Yeah, that was pretty 'nuts', alright. Nice playing- the kind of precise ripping-along I'd like to come into. Myself, I'm just a rock knucklehead really, but I'm working on the next actual level as far as being able to "say" what I'm hearing.

Nice chop.