PDA

View Full Version : North Texas here (Rich Miller)

Rich Miller
07-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Just recently joined this forum, looking forward to learning a lot.

I reside in Flower Mound TX, a suburb of the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) metroplex, located several miles north of the DFW Airport.

I've played EB for a number of years, currently playing every week at First Baptist Church, Lewisville, in the main church orchestra (strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, rhythm section) for our first service and also in a "praise band" type setup for the second service. We have two very different services every week as you might guess.

Although I have (from a long time ago!) a BM in Church Music (classical guitar actually), I don't make a living as a musician, I work for a large company as a software developer. I still love to play any kind of music and do so at every opportunity. Besides the sound of the bass, one of the reasons I love to play bass is simply the versatility of it, in many different circumstances and musical styles.

Recently began lessons on DB, as I wanted to expand myself, be able to double on the DB for the more "orchestral" type music we play at my church and hope to be able to audition for one of the Flower Mound Community Orchestras (www.fmco.org (http://www.fmco.org)) next year. I am having a ball with the DB and can't wait to practice whenever I can.

Now my only problem is figuring out how I am going to finance my own DB...the rental I have is OK, but definitely not what I want for the long term.

Thanks for your time,

Rich Miller