PDA

View Full Version : Playing in "extreme" weather conditions

Amit Shtriker
07-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Every Summer I have to perform outdoors mostly in very humid places (such as beaches and valleys).

During the gig the bass' body starts to get wet, but the worse thing that happens is that my hands and the bass' neck get sticky. This makes playing very uncomfortable and difficult, and freedom of moving fast through the neck gets restricted. In conclusion - the hands just stick to the neck!

I assume I am not the only one performing in humid places, what do you guys do in such a situation? what can I do to reduce the stickyness (I start the gig with my hands perfectly clean and the bass sits in the case all the time except sound check and the show itself)?

I hope there is SOMETHING I can do:) . Just starting to hate these shows (even though I still enjoy them, it's just that I am a little below my best).

Tim Bishop
07-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Every Summer I have to perform outdoors mostly in very humid places (such as beaches and valleys).

During the gig the bass' body starts to get wet, but the worse thing that happens is that my hands and the bass' neck get sticky. This makes playing very uncomfortable and difficult, and freedom of moving fast through the neck gets restricted. In conclusion - the hands just stick to the neck!

I assume I am not the only one performing in humid places, what do you guys do in such a situation? what can I do to reduce the stickyness (I start the gig with my hands perfectly clean and the bass sits in the case all the time except sound check and the show itself)?

I hope there is SOMETHING I can do:) . Just starting to hate these shows (even though I still enjoy them, it's just that I am a little below my best).

Keep plenty of fresh, clean and dry cotton towels withing reach! ;)