PDA

View Full Version : info about burner bass

werwin
08-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi there,
I'm thinking of buying a 4string burner bass and am searching for info/value
of this bass, could you help?
The serial is: 92705SR4
Is this handmade and how old is this bass and what was the original prize?
The bass looks good.

Thanks for any help

Werwin

Tim Bishop
08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Hi there,
I'm thinking of buying a 4string burner bass and am searching for info/value
of this bass, could you help?
The serial is: 92705SR4
Is this handmade and how old is this bass and what was the original prize?
The bass looks good.

Thanks for any help

Werwin

A pic would be nice if you have one. Based on your description and SN, it is a '92 and would probably sell for about $600.00 today (if in original and good condition). Ken would have to tell you what the original price was; I would guess in the neighborhood of $1,200.00.

Ken Smith
08-16-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.kensmithbasses.com/models/bsrb/bsrb.html

Here is the link with the Burner information. If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

werwin
08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
Hi Tim,
thanks a lot already.
If been asked to pay ~ $ 900 (over here in Holland), already guessed: that could be a lot.
But it's a nice bass anyway,
thanks again

Werwin

(Tried to upload pics, but didn't work, try it again tomorrow)

AcThaBass
03-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Hi Friends, how would I know what year this bass is 93981? THanks,
ac

Tim Bishop
03-04-2009, 11:57 PM
What year?: 1993.

AcThaBass
03-05-2009, 12:42 AM
So 1993, thanks. Here is a picture and is $750 including case well invested for the bass like this. Also what kind of sound could I expect from the bass like this? What Ken Smith Strings would you suggest for Funk-Rock-Pop playing? Thanks for such a quick and acurate help!

Tim Bishop
03-05-2009, 04:39 AM
Also what kind of sound could I expect from the bass like this? What Ken Smith Strings would you suggest for Funk-Rock-Pop playing? Thanks for such a quick and acurate help!
As far as sound? I think you'll find you can shape the tone to your liking. First and foremost, make sure the bass is professionally set-up for YOU; your playing style. The pre-amp EQ on this bass includes Treble and Bass Tone Controls, so, while you are lacking the Mid Control from the bass pre-amp, you can shape/add Mids with your amplification EQ Controls. Either way, for the $'s, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

As far as strings, I would highly recommend Smith Medium Taper Cores. If you cannot locate them locally, you can contact Ken directly and order from him.

Nice bass! Enjoy!

AcThaBass
03-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Mr. Bishop,
thanks and as far as strings are these you have in mind:
http://www.juststrings.com/kensmithelectricbassguitartapercore5string.html
Thank you!

Tim Bishop
03-05-2009, 02:08 PM
TCRM-5's would be correct. ;)