PDA

View Full Version : Fret Buzzzzzz...

Juan Concepcion
08-19-2007, 09:21 AM
For sometime I wanted to purchase a KEN SMITH bass and I couldn't afford one....Luckily along came a buddy of mine in Boston that wanted to sell his 6M that was built in 2000 for a very reasonable price... I jumped on it... I received the bass this weekend and went right into the studio to record with my Ken Smith..(everyone in the studio was wowwed) Started to record and the fret buzz was all over the recording. Since that I have tried to change the height of the strings with the playing around with the saddles and have not been able to resolve the problem. A friend of mine told me to fidget with the truss rod but I don't TRUST myself to touch anything on this mighty expensive bass. Any suggestions on how I can correct this problem would be great......... Thanks

Ken Smith
08-19-2007, 10:34 AM
How long would you drive a car before bringing it in for service? It is obvious that after 7 yeras it needs some work by a real professional that knows the Bass. That's what we do in the shop besides make new Smith Basses, 'fix the old ones'!

Call the shop for instructions on sending it in or bring it in person and get a shop tour while you're there.

We will be able to get it back to 'new condition' while keeping the 7 years of 'mojo' the Bass has absorbed..