PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island chimes in

Roger Vaughan
10-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey, I played my first Smith bass in Pompano Beach , FL, at a little shop in a strip-mall. It was a 4-string, 3-piece Maple neck w/ no other laminations, and solid body wings of Australian Lacewood. It was beautiful, and playing it was like letting a hot knife through a stick of warm butter. Dreamy- unbelieveable.

So I have 3 basses and a beater-upright, and am still jonesing for a Smith. I work as a semi-pro, supplementing my carpentry-derived income with rock / Jazz / Reggae gigs. Also I play in a psychedelic rock group called Plan 9, who used to be on th Enigma lable back in the 80's. We're now getting a record distributin thing through the Horizon Music Group, for whatever that may mean or imply... :p but there are old Enigma people there, and they used to really like Plan 9, I hear. Then there's my little basement-punk band...

Anyhoo, I'm hanging around to help me stay enthusiastic about saving up for a Smith. I prefer the old-style bodies and 4-strings- but that 6er idea is looking interesting. So thanks for reading, talk to you here and there.

P.S. Pardon the name thing- I think Mike is fixing it... I'm used to the 'anonyimity thing' on most other forums.

Eric Rene Roy
10-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Good to see a fellow Rhody in the house!

stan haskins
10-03-2007, 08:45 AM
That's my home state, too, though I'm forced to live in the wilds of New York for now . . .