PDA

View Full Version : New Ken Smith Bsr 5 Has Arrived

Willie Williams
10-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Just wanted to let you all know, and to show off a little that my new bass has arrived. It has a Bubinga top and back with a walnut core. I ordered it directly from Ken, and I have to say it looks better than I could have imagined. I have had 3 bolt ons, and this is my first neckthrough. For those of you who have not done so yet, there is a link to a video in the first thread of this catagory giving you a tour of this factory. After seeing this video I was so impressed with the skill level of making the neckthrough, it was at that time I knew my next Ken Smith was going to be a neckthrough. Ken you and your crew do amazing work. :D

Bob Faulkner
10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
Beautiful bass man.

Ronson Hall
10-11-2007, 01:23 PM
Just wanted to let you all know, and to show off a little that my new bass has arrived. It has a Bubinga top and back with a walnut core. I ordered it directly from Ken, and I have to say it looks better than I could have imagined. I have had 3 bolt ons, and this is my first neckthrough. For those of you who have not done so yet, there is a link to a video in the first thread of this catagory giving you a tour of this factory. After seeing this video I was so impressed with the skill level of making the neckthrough, it was at that time I knew my next Ken Smith was going to be a neckthrough. Ken you and your crew do amazing work. :D

Very, very good-looking bass, Willie. :D

Tim Bishop
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Very, very good-looking bass, Willie. :D

Ahhh yes. Reminds me of my Bubinga Fretless 5 (5GN) that I should have never sold! :o Oh well, it's still on Kens site, so I get to look at it occasionally and reminisce. Live and learn.

Beautiful bass and great woods Willie! I'd bet it plays and sounds great.

Willie Williams
10-13-2007, 12:41 AM
Ahhh yes. Reminds me of my Bubinga Fretless 5 (5GN) that I should have never sold! :o Oh well, it's still on Kens site, so I get to look at it occasionally and reminisce. Live and learn.

Beautiful bass and great woods Willie! I'd bet it plays and sounds great.

It does. With the new pre-amp it seems like the possibilities are endless. Over the years I have bought and sold so many basses only to end up buying the same brand over and over again. I have just come to the stage in my life where I am buying basses for life. That is why I chose what I think is the ultimate wood combo for me. I saw your bass on this forum and it just confirmed how much I would like this combo.

Albert Smith
10-14-2007, 10:00 AM
It does. With the new pre-amp it seems like the possibilities are endless. Over the years I have bought and sold so many basses only to end up buying the same brand over and over again. I have just come to the stage in my life where I am buying basses for life. That is why I chose what I think is the ultimate wood combo for me. I saw your bass on this forum and it just confirmed how much I would like this combo.

Willie congrats on the new Axe, tell me how long was the wait for this beauty?

Darren Lipper
10-14-2007, 08:17 PM
:D That's a sweet bass! I bet it sounds nice and strong....

Willie Williams
10-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Willie congrats on the new Axe, tell me how long was the wait for this beauty?

It took right at 5 months. I think they are getting them out faster now. When I ordered it they did not have any with this wood combo started, so it took a little longer.

Albert Smith
10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
It took right at 5 months. I think they are getting them out faster now. When I ordered it they did not have any with this wood combo started, so it took a little longer.

Willie obviously you play gospel among other venues, what type of rig are you playing out of? or are you playing through the house system?
Al

Willie Williams
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Willie obviously you play gospel among other venues, what type of rig are you playing out of? or are you playing through the house system?
Al

I currently have 2 rigs. At church I have a Thunderfunk 550 head (don't let the 550 watts fool you) and a Bergantino HT 322 cabinet. This thing is loud and clean. During church Sunday the comments I got were your bass sounds so much deeper, and cleaner whats different? They noticed that before they realized I had a new bass.

Rig 2 is a Walter Woods High Power Stereo head and another Bergantino HT 322. This rig I keep at home and use it for gigs outside the church. Even though I play for a church I don't feel comfortable leaving the Woods at the church. It is so small someone could walk out the door with it and no one would notice. Plus it takes over a year to get one of his heads. If something happens to the Thunderfunk I could have another one in a few days.

Albert Smith
10-16-2007, 10:14 PM
I currently have 2 rigs. At church I have a Thunderfunk 550 head (don't let the 550 watts fool you) and a Bergantino HT 322 cabinet. This thing is loud and clean. During church Sunday the comments I got were your bass sounds so much deeper, and cleaner whats different? They noticed that before they realized I had a new bass.

Rig 2 is a Walter Woods High Power Stereo head and another Bergantino HT 322. This rig I keep at home and use it for gigs outside the church. Even though I play for a church I don't feel comfortable leaving the Woods at the church. It is so small someone could walk out the door with it and no one would notice. Plus it takes over a year to get one of his heads. If something happens to the Thunderfunk I could have another one in a few days.

Thanks for keeping it real man, with the type of equipment you have you might consider obtaining insurance. If so holla at me I can direct you to a company that specializes in insuring equipment such as ours.
Al

Willie Williams
10-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks for keeping it real man, with the type of equipment you have you might consider obtaining insurance. If so holla at me I can direct you to a company that specializes in insuring equipment such as ours.
Al

Man do I need that information. If you could provide it I will jump right on that.

Albert Smith
10-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Man do I need that information. If you could provide it I will jump right on that.

PM sent to your mail

Willie Williams
10-19-2007, 12:02 AM
PM was not received, I will check in the morning.

Albert Smith
10-20-2007, 08:28 AM
PM was not received, I will check in the morning.
I believe your good to go now, mistook someone else asking for you :D
Check your inbox now.