PDA

View Full Version : Where's Everybody?

Ruben Rodriguez
01-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Why is it every time I log on, I'm the only one logged on? Ken, Mike ... ANYBODY :eek: LMAO!!! Most admit though, it's peaceful in these here parts.

Easy,
RR

Ken Smith
01-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Well Ruben, for one, we have a bit more of a mature crowd here so I figure most people are at work. I usually see 5 - 20 people on the Forums between Members and Guests. I am still planning on having those Pro Corners as we discussed before. You will be heading the "Latin Corner" (solo for now). I will also have as agreed to already Al Turner and Melvin Davis in the Jazz/R&B Pro area for Electric Bass and was hoping for Paul Warburton as we had discussed on the DB Jazz side but he has been unreachable since I put the site up. For Classical I have a few ideas but nothing solid yet.

Give it some time Ruben. With the Forum Rules of using real names, there is going to be much less quantity and much more quality in the postings and exchanges here. That, you can take to the bank!

Hajime Hirose
01-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I'm logging in from Japan.

Jeff Bollbach
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey Ruben!
Great to see you on here-you really class up the joint[it needs it!;)]

Jamale Davis
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
hey jeff, still thinking about that shen... just curious, did you sell it yet?

Richard Prowse
01-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Hey Ruben!
Great to see you on here-you really class up the joint[it needs it!;)]
Don't forget to check the Down Under thread if 'class' is your thing. After all, we get the sun first!

Paul Warburton
01-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Why is it every time I log on, I'm the only one logged on? Ken, Mike ... ANYBODY :eek: LMAO!!! Most admit though, it's peaceful in these here parts.
Easy,
RR

Ruben, good to see you....we'll all get in sooner or later

Ken Smith
01-31-2007, 02:52 PM

Easy,
RR

Because you get home and log on too close to the time the Roosters are still catching their last Zzzeesss.:D

Ruben Rodriguez
02-06-2007, 08:22 AM
Because you get home and log on too close to the time the Roosters are still catching their last Zzzeesss.:D

LOL! I bet you thought the "After Hours" scene was dead. How's the weather in PA?

Ken Smith
02-06-2007, 08:38 AM
LOL! I bet you thought the "After Hours" scene was dead. How's the weather in PA?

It's so cold here..(how cold is it? "Johnny Carson")..It's so cold here, that we keep all the frozen foods in the back yard!:D

Martin Duarte
04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Ruben,

I'm a bass player from Chile. I'm leaving to Berklee in a month and I want to study A LOT of latin bass, I'm talking lessons with Oscar Stagnaro probably. I wanted to ask you, what books do you recommend to study on my own? I really want to play very very good salsa, merengue and latin rhythms in general, hope you can give me a hand!

Thanks

Martin

Ruben Rodriguez
08-10-2008, 12:04 PM
WOW!!! Martin, I'm just reading this for the first time... sorry! Send me a PM if you still need any info... I'm sure you're probably @ Berklee already, but anyways...

All the best,
RR