PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Iraq!!

Chaz Farkass
11-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Hello from Tallil Iraq!!

My name Chaz Farkass, I am out here with the US Army for now. I am a small bass builder out of Reelsville Indiana. I admire Smith Basses and have owned one in the past, regretfully sold it to purchase wood working tools for the shop. I have checked out this Forum and like what I see. Should be fun!!

Cheers

Chaz Farkass

Jeff Tranauskas
11-24-2007, 05:41 PM
Chaz,
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service to our country!
Be safe.
Jeff.

Aren Winebrenner
11-25-2007, 12:45 AM
What part of Indiana is Reelsville? I'm in Kendallville, north of Fort Wayne.

Good luck and keep your chin up, hopefully you'll be back home and back to bass building soon!

Chaz Farkass
11-26-2007, 01:34 AM
I am at Camp Adder (Tallil) with the MEDEVAC helicopter unit here. Reelsville is about 1/2 way between Indianapolis and Terra Haute off US 70 or Mid Western side of state. And thanks,I am proud to be here, but I am Jonesing to get back to building!!!

David Powell
12-03-2007, 12:49 PM
I am at Camp Adder (Tallil) with the MEDEVAC helicopter unit here. Reelsville is about 1/2 way between Indianapolis and Terra Haute off US 70 or Mid Western side of state. And thanks,I am proud to be here, but I am Jonesing to get back to building!!! Welcome to Ken's forum. It's not the hustle bustle of some forums, but the info is pretty solid.

What's the plan for your imminent return to the wood-shop? May providence protect you, and secure your safe return.

Chaz Farkass
12-04-2007, 07:47 AM
Thank you David!!! I have several builds,the first of which is a seven string. The most strings I have ever created is six, seven will be quite a unique experience. I also have a back log of about 20 or so requests to build other basses, mostly of my own designs. I was justing starting to get my business off the ground when this Deployment came up, No worries, the clients seem to be paitent and thank goodness for that!! I do enjoy this forum, although I cannot be as active as I want due to limited internet time from here. Although in my off time I was able to design my website which I plan to put on the net as soon as I get back. AgainThank You!!

David Powell
12-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Thank you David!!! I have several builds,the first of which is a seven string. The most strings I have ever created is six, seven will be quite a unique experience. I also have a back log of about 20 or so requests to build other basses, mostly of my own designs. I was justing starting to get my business off the ground when this Deployment came up, No worries, the clients seem to be paitent and thank goodness for that!! I do enjoy this forum, although I cannot be as active as I want due to limited internet time from here. Although in my off time I was able to design my website which I plan to put on the net as soon as I get back. AgainThank You!!We will be looking forward to your return, and mostly Chaz, thank YOU.