PDA

View Full Version : Scott Reed - Maryland

Scott Reed
11-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Howdy,

My name is Scott Reed and I live in Maryland. Back in the late 80's/ early 90's, I played keys in a variety of jazz and pop bands. In 1995, I switched over to bass and have never looked back.

I currently play for a couple of local groups including a Jazz quartet and a Funk/Fusion band. I also do session work for a local indie-rock band and several Hip-Hop/NeoSoul artists.

By day, I develop scientific image ****ysis applications.

I currently own a '00 BSR4-J and am in the market for a 5-MW.

Best Regards

Ken Smith
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Howdy,

My name is Scott Reed and I live in Maryland. Back in the late 80's/ early 90's, I played keys in a variety of jazz and pop bands. In 1995, I switched over to bass and have never looked back.

I currently play for a couple of local groups including a Jazz quartet and a Funk/Fusion band. I also do session work for a local indie-rock band and several Hip-Hop/NeoSoul artists.

By day, I develop scientific image ****ysis applications.

I currently own a '00 BSR4-J and am in the market for a 5-MW.

Best Regards

Scientific image ****ysis applications? Ah, Scott? :confused: We are Bass players for the most part. Could you clarify for some us academically challenged readers just exactly what that is? Not that any of us care(:D), but it's kind of over some of our heads..

Oh, and welcome to the Forum.. almost forgot..

I rarely welcome anyone so don't feel privileged. I was just looking for an English translation..;)

Scott Reed
12-01-2007, 12:32 PM
Ha, thanks Ken.

I write computer software (and drivers for Microscopy hardware like Digital cameras, Stages, Objective Turrets, Filter Wheels, etc) that helps scientists acquire and ****yze images. Everything from Cat Scans to Electron Microscopes to Macro Imaging (like on the Hubble Telescope) applications.

Digital Images are just arrays of numbers and I look for patterns in those numbers. Basically, it is a lot of math... Geeks think I am a nerd :)

Oh and here is a link to my cover band - http://www.thejunkband.com/

I am not much of a web designer (or bassist for that matter) so please forgive any audio or visual shortcomings!

Best Regards,
-Scott Reed