PDA

View Full Version : Vanhal Performance

Andrew Festa
12-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently played in a recital with all my teachers other students, so I thought I'd post a recording of the two movements of the Vanhal Concerto I played.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=294709431

If you have any questions about anything just ask.

Tell me what you think. :)

Ken Smith
12-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently played in a recital with all my teachers other students, so I thought I'd post a recording of the two movements of the Vanhal Concerto I played.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=294709431

If you have any questions about anything just ask.

Tell me what you think. :)

You are 15 years old now?

Agility around the Bass is great. Intonation comes with time. First one must know it needs to be worked on. Listen to this yourself and work slowly on the sections that had problems with the pitch reaching and hitting the notes in tune. This seems to be a very challenging piece to play.

I wish I played half the good at 15. Keep up the good work. Your bowing sounds great as does your vibrato. Stick with it..

Andrew Festa
12-09-2007, 11:24 AM
You are 15 years old now?

Agility around the Bass is great. Intonation comes with time. First one must know it needs to be worked on. Listen to this yourself and work slowly on the sections that had problems with the pitch reaching and hitting the notes in tune. This seems to be a very challenging piece to play.

I wish I played half the good at 15. Keep up the good work. Your bowing sounds great as does your vibrato. Stick with it..

Yes, I just turned 15 not too long ago.

I'll start working on my intonation more. Would playing scales with a drone from a tuner help? I'm not done working on this piece, so over time I'm sure the intonation throughout the whole thing will get better. I'll talk to my teacher about it also. It is a challenging piece, for me anyways, but I'm glad I played it. It was a really fun piece to play.

Thanks for the kind words