PDA

View Full Version : MP3 Sound Clips

Christopher Rhodes
01-10-2008, 04:11 PM
Here is a little solo I recently performed. Disregard the bad notes - just check out the range of a 7 string bass. Amazing.

Tim Bishop
01-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds good Chris. Am I hearing the LM II in action?

Ronson Hall
01-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Here is a little solo I recently performed. Disregard the bad notes - just check out the range of a 7 string bass. Amazing.

That's a very nice solo, Chris! You ought to feel fortunate to be blessed with the chops you have! Very nice...

And, to Tim's point, please list the eqipment you were using as you created that solo...;)

Christopher Rhodes
01-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Yes I was using the Mark Bass LMKII amp with a bag end 4x10 8Ohmn speaker and a Nahas 1x15 8Ohmn.

I was going to use some effects (Boss ME-50B) but I decided against it - although I did accidently step on the volume during my solo and cut off the sound totally :eek: !

One day I will get a chance to check out a WT550 Eden head, but until then -the LMKII will due just fine.

I have another clip to put up a little later - tomorrow maybe.

Tim Bishop
01-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Chris, what did you use to record that tune in order to produce what your .mp3 upload represents?

Christopher Rhodes
01-11-2008, 01:41 AM
I used the Zoom H4 recorder in MP3 mode; 128 stereo.

The recording was a little low, so I use calkwalk pyro to bring the volume up and to chop the tune into the section that is uploaded.

Besides the Markbass LMKII, the Zoom H4 has was one of the bette purchase for 2007 no doubt.

I generally use the the H4 on a tripod in front of the band - in that sweet spot about 10 feet in front of the band - sometimes just a little closer to the me on bass.

Lots of MP3s online at www.crjazz.com/radio (http://www.crjazz.com/radio)

I just added another .mp3 file also :) :)

Christopher Rhodes
01-17-2008, 08:52 AM
As most of you know the KSDs are designed and setup by Ken Smith - and too great effect. These are tone monsters IMO.

The attached clipped from Dec 16, 2007 - Ownings Mill Md.

KSD705 + LMKII + Bag End 4x10 + 15 Nahas = (listen to attached clip)

The KSDs have are totally different smith (designed) basses.

Ken Smith
01-17-2008, 08:57 AM
As most of you know the KSDs are designed and setup by Ken Smith - and too great effect. These are tone monsters IMO.

The attached clipped from Dec 16, 2007 - Ownings Mill Md.

KSD705 + LMKII + Bag End 4x10 + 15 Nahas = (listen to attached clip)

The KSDs have are totally different smith (designed) basses.

Set-up? NO.. Designed by? Yes

It is a Brooklyn Gear product. We never see them unless BG brings them over for testing or trouble shooting? When designing a new model is the other time we are involved but they have some other people for setting them up in NY.

Christopher Rhodes
01-17-2008, 02:42 PM
http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/ksd_test.htm

The above link lead me to believe all the KSDs where test by you - but now I see you only check "A selected few".

Ken Smith
01-17-2008, 06:29 PM
http://www.kensmithbasses.com/KSD/ksd_test.htm

The above link lead me to believe all the KSDs where test by you - but now I see you only check "A selected few".

"Ken and crew test and adjust "a portion" of every production run of the KSD's to ensure the 'Smith' feel and sound is included in the 'mix'."

This was mainly in the beginning when the Basses first came out. After the first year, it was no longer necessary for BG to bring Basses here unless they had a problem to troubleshoot.

Ken Smith
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
I just updated the Web page where that statement was posted.

"Ken and crew 'tested' and 'adjusted' a portion of the first 'few production runs' of the KSD's to ensure the 'Smith' feel and sound 'was 'included in the 'mix'."

Ok, I hope this clears up any confusion on the matter. Thank's for bringing it to my attention.